Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1977 C20 suburban. 454/TH400

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by Ddragggon, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

last shot... I realize you're all probably tired of seeing it adverted too, but here goes.

1977 C20 suburban ( no emissions control crap) 454/TH400. needs rear brakes, some electrical work, otherwise the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned.

I just installed a new radiator, and hoses, new water pump, power steering pump (low side hose still leaks) fanclutch, alternator, starter, and etc. basicaly with exception of fuel pump, and AC compressor, all the accesories are new. oh, heater core is blown, and bypassed. I just replaced the tranny filter, and fluid, and might throw a new oil pan gasket on ( loses about a quart of oil every 1000 miles, partial from burning, part from drip)

this thing is a trailer special, meaning it came stock with an auxiliary tranny cooler ( I augmented this with another giant hayden tranny cooler) heavy duty tow reciever hitch, 7 pin trailer hookup, with trailer brake controller, and a battery isolator for the trailer ( dont think it works) there're also components for cruise control that I'll throw in a box in the back. (wasn't hooked up/working when I bought it, )

2000 OBO. I'm listing it in the paper this weekend. someone buy what I'll call the best damn tow rig out there, before I do something stupid like donate it to Father Joe's. as a bonus, I'll let you in on the secret phone number that has the Autozone lifetime warranty for a majority of the underhood parts ( including the $230 dollar 4 core Heavy Duty radiator)

-Rich

Rich@californiaturbo.com
    480 250-6957

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

What is Father Joe's? It better not be a damn scrap yard or I will kick your internet ass! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif SOMEBODY BUY THIS TRUCK! I would jump on it if I had 2000 and time to take a road trip, but I'd feel bad bringing it to the rust belt.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    but I'd feel bad bringing it to the rust belt.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto, me too

200 for a cali truck is a steal, you know it will be clean

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    but I'd feel bad bringing it to the rust belt.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto, me too

2000 for a cali truck is a steal, you know it will be clean

[/ QUOTE ]it originaly started in Northern Texas, and has a little rust on it. ( Rockers have been replaced once) but it's spent the last 17 years in Arizona, and the last 4 months here in Cali.

( also, fixed your misquote on the 2000 pricetag...)

Father Joe's is a non profit organization that people donate old cars to. if they can fix them and sell them, they do so. if they can't, or think it's worth more as parts, they part it out in the auto trader, or sunday papers.

I'm willing to negotiate on price to a degree, (and might even be able to work out a cross country delivery for new years)

someone buy this from me. pls? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Rich

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Last bump... guess father Joe gets to do a 454 swap on his truck instead...

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Last bump... guess father Joe gets to do a 454 swap on his truck instead...

[/ QUOTE ]Father joe doesn't even want it.

guess it's hitting the shredder.

(1400 OBO, damn vultures)

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

What's so wrong with it that nobody wants it? I bet if you parked it in front of your place with a "FREE" sign on it you'd have 100 hits a day. Sure you wouldn't make the few bucks in scrap metal, but wouldn't you feel better knowing you didn't destroy an irreplaceable classic auto? I'll never understand you guys who scrap mercilessly, especially the ones out west, where you're just as well off parking it in a barn lot somewhere, at least it won't rust away like it would here. I guess this explains my new title. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What's so wrong with it that nobody wants it? I bet if you parked it in front of your place with a "FREE" sign on it you'd have 100 hits a day. Sure you wouldn't make the few bucks in scrap metal, but wouldn't you feel better knowing you didn't destroy an irreplaceable classic auto? I'll never understand you guys who scrap mercilessly, especially the ones out west, where you're just as well off parking it in a barn lot somewhere, at least it won't rust away like it would here. I guess this explains my new title. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]while I'd love to sell it for anything, and do that rather than throw it away, I'm highly offended by people who come up and say things like `if no one else offers you that, I'll give you 500 bucks' I'd rather shred it in front of them, then let a [darn] like that rip me for that much. while it seems petty, it [darn] pisses me off when people know that what I have is worth more than they offer, yet they basicaly try to steal it. I mean [darn], if I had the time, and room to strip it, I'd easily be able to make 1800 bucks. why is it I can't sell it as a whole for 1400?

as for whats so wrong with it that no one wants it, no one seems interested in a 77 3/4 ton tow rig, unless it has D-60 front, 14BFF rear, 205 Tcase, a 502 under the hood, and a price tag of 2200 bucks. its a tow rig for christ sakes. you don't need it rock ready to follow your goddamn blazer down the trail, you need it to drag your 2 MPG trail rig, that's not really road legal to the trail, then lock the doors, and know that it'll still be there when you come back, because it doesn't have 5500 bucks worth of upgrades stuck to it.

the list of problems are as follows:
    -rear springs are sagged, with 1 cracked leaf per pack. I have replacements for these.
    -engine burns some oil. needs new valve guides.
    -ugly, unless you fancy black primer.
    -interior electrical work needs some help. (lights, neutral start switch)
    -rear brakes need some help.
    -AC needs a charge, heater core needs replacement.

that's it. engine has 25,000 on it, transmission has about 30K, previous owners rebuilt the front end 4 years before I bought it, I just sunk 450 in replacing every other component of the radiator system, including a new radiator, just replaced the transmission fluid, and filter, has dual auxilary tranny coolers up front, rear end is geared for freeway travel (3.10 or 3.45) and can haul a house effortlessly.

-Rich