Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1977 dodge Ram dana 44 front axle

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by greythorn3, Dec 3, 2002.

1. greythorn3

greythorn3 1/2 ton status

i just bought a dodge a 1977 w100 and was wondering if anyone knows what year knuckles and spindles along with axle shafts will fit on the d44 front axle to get rid of the full time and put hubs on it??? i hear chevys will but im not sure, i would like some to hear from some other people before i go yank them off a junk yard truck.

Trying to get away from the dodge crap wheel bearings.

Ray

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I think the ends on the axle housing are the same as a D44 from a GM so you could get a complete knuckle out assembly (brakes and all) from a 6 or 8 lug D44 or 10 bolt and bolt it right on.

3. greythorn3

Thanks allot! I cant wait to get rid of them dodge hub bearings!

Ray T
    AZ

when you gonna send me my doubler? i cant wait to get it! so i can brag about it!! hehehe how do you run your twin sticks for the 205 with the doubler in the way? i want to run a total of 3 sticks. this is for my 97 not my 77

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We should be able to package it up today, we can't ship till thursday or it'll get there before you do.
    With the inside shift rail tucked behind the 203 you just have to build an offset link to go around the corner. We're doing some refining on our triple stick in the next week or so but it'll be for the GM's first.

5. greythorn3

great i cant wait to get it, im gonna try to make my linkage first then if i faill i will buy your new triple stick! hehehe is there a christmas special on getting the 205 shift rails altered? for the twin stick operation on that? if so let me know and i will send mine off to you guys

Ray T AZ