Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1977 Hub Assembly Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dayno, Sep 26, 2004.

1. dayno

dayno Registered Member

I have a 1977 K5 Blazer and had to take the hubs completely off so I could get the axles out. Im not sure which way the large gear with teath that meshes with the inside of the hub and is the first part behind the snap ring faces. One side of the gear is flat and the other has a flange that protrudes out about a quarter inch and dont know which side faces the snap ring. When I took the hubs off one hub had the flat side of this gear against the snap ring and on the other side the side with a flange was against the snap ring. I had some work done on the front end awhile back and think they must have put it in backwards......thanks in advance for any help....Dayne

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

is this a lock out hub or a full time hub?

3. dayno

dayno Registered Member

The hub is full time...not lock out....

4. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

its been a while since ive hasd one apart, but there should be a spring that does between the wheel bearings and the drive flange. the drive flange should be setup tolet that spring sit properly. i knows it not much help but see where the spring would ride best on the drive flange.