Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1977 Lincoln MarkV

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Diesel Dan, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Just bought a /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifford.
    Gonna use as a circle track or figure 8 track car.
    Has 460-4V, C6 and 9" rear with factory disc brakes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I'm guessing it may even have a LSD. Will know in a couple of days when I get it home.
    Whatayda think for $300?

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

sounds like fun just don't skimp on the safty stuff i see a lot of craches in track driving i shoud stop buying (and they walked away) tapes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Very cool. Just be careful you don't back it into the wall or anything. The assends of those cars like to fold up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

The main use should be not offical racing.
    A friend has 10 acres and his own figure 8 track. Most likely won't be as rough( /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) as an actual race.

I'll still use drivers side door tubes, some form of roll bar, pull fuel tank and mount a cell in truck and seal it off from the passenger compartment.

Oh yeah, with the 460 I won't have to worry about anything hitting me in the ass-end /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Excellent! Yard cars kick ass. My grandfather has 16 acres and I've been wanting to get a couple of cheap cars to run through the trails on the property. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif