Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1977 suburban

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dunehopper502, Nov 7, 2005.

1. dunehopper502

dunehopper502 Registered Member

found a 77 suburban rolling chassis for sale $1000 obo, do you guys think its worth it for parts?

has everything but motor,he told me it has the most gvw for that year.it had a 400 small block 4 bolt but he wants to keep that..
    as far as i could see it was a dana 44 front,turbo 400 tranny,205 t-case,
    and 14 bolt ff. it even has a plow on it that worked before he parked it but no body except dash with steering wheel so you can steer it on a trailer
    or whatever... the body literally rotted off the frame!! to much or is price in ball park thanks for the info

2. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I would say the parts is worth more than that. I usually dont pay much for parts rigs but it is alot of parts. The rear axle alone can take up alot of that price. So yes go for it and sell what you dont want. Plow can be sold easy enough getting close to winter.

3. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

You can get a running truck for that price, without a body or motor i say pass on it. Offer him $500 cash and see what happens.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Way to much IMO, I bought a 86 4wd burb, complete minus motor/tranny/tcase, not one scratch or one speck of rust for $200

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, Ive seen plenty of old Burbs with running 454s or 350s for under $1500. The th400 + 32-spline np205 is definitely worth some coin... but without an engine to sell as part of the parting process, it ain't such a good deal.

j

6. gotchevys?

gotchevys? Registered Member

sub

Yeah I only paid $1500 for my Sub, It s an 89 1/2 to in great just a little rust above passengewr rear wheel well. :burb: :usaflag:

7. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I only paid 1000 bucks for my Suburban, and the guy drove it out to my hose (20 miles).... Keep in mind, it does have several leaks... and I think the motor is about to go, so I'm gonna get a new one to swap in it's place.. It does have a crappy 203 t-case.... but I got a th400 and 14ff outa the deal... I say, hold out... if you want to buy it, make a much lower offer....
    [​IMG]

PS: the windshield was in perfect condidtion when I bought it... I'm just not used to driving in the mud on rainy nights.... :eek1: :haha:

8. dunehopper502

dunehopper502 Registered Member

thanks guys ill just offer $400 bucks and see what he says if not no biggie
    only needed really for the 8 lug front axle