Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1978 3/4 ton For sale- lifted, boggered, now $1850

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by monster man, Jun 19, 2006.

1. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

still trying to move this, the warm weather has rolled around allowing me to work on it some more. And I'm going to blunt- to get any sort of power or pass smog I don't see any way around a new motor. The 396 that's in it (out of an Impala), has about 200,000 miles. Still runs and drives, starts easy, idles smooth when warm, only a little visible smoke when revving it etc., but the power steering squeals, and it has some problem now with the ignition. I changed the oil and put in new plugs, and all of a sudden it backfired. I think it may have jumped time somehow but all my checks have not shown any sign of this. I added a new cap, rotor, coil, plug wires, and vacuum advance, still backfires under load (through the carb)I know the springs for the mechanical are worn. I swapped carbs to no avail. I just don't have the time or moeny to fix it, and don't have the time to strip it.

The input bearing in the trans is bad (grinds when you let off the throttle and coast, and all body panels but the cab are rock rashed and whiskey-kissed. Interior could be redone but it's comfortable. Headliner isn't sagging and seat has poncho covering. A well used truck- oh, and I made the doors removeable with some pins for summer fun.

BUT, NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF:
    4" ORD shackle flip, 4" Tuff Country HD front springs
    ORD swaybar drop/disconnect
    4 Rancho shocks
    Extended braided brake lines
    38.5" Swamper Boggers on 15x8 rock crawler wheels

SM465, 14b full float, NP205

A good truck that needs a lot of TLC. It's all there, clear title in hand, but needs some finsihing. DRIVEABLE as-is, but, not easily around town. I'd think on the freeway she'd do OK though.

$3600 (more new parts) invested, tires only have about 500 miles!
    $1850, or make offer, NO offers dismissed without serious consideration- I have to move this!!!!!! :confused:

[​IMG]

I had some more pics but now I can't locate them, will need to get new pics of the tires anyhow.

Please contact me at:

www.buschandbusch.com/contact.html

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  2. monster man

bump- new price. Anybody interested in all or part of this? I have a moving permit and can even deliver short distances for a gas fee :confused:

3. nau81blazer

nau81blazer 1/2 ton status

I would be interested in some parts if your interested. How are the axles? What gears? Did you grind the calipers on the 3/4 front to fit 15" rims? I would be interested in the shackle-flip, quick-disco's, and brakes lines. Thanks,

--Adam

4. monster man

Axles are good- never heard them make any noises, seem fine to me. They're 3.73, the rear has a Gov-Bomb though. I have an open differential and 4.56 ring an pinion that I haven't installed yet though. No grinding required, they pushed a bigger backspace wheel on me, which I don't prefer over the standard backspace, but at least I didn't have to grind :crazy:

Hate to tear it down- cause if I have to then I want the cab, which is a big swap, and the axles maybe, kind of easy but still, more work than I have time for. Really need to sell it as a whole, but your interest in parts is noted.

Next spring is do or die, this is gone no ifs ands or buts, going sailing and can't take it with me!!!!! :eek1:

5. misterfnygy

misterfnygy 1/2 ton status

Sounds interesting

Hey I pm'd ya----

6. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    Is texas a short distance?

7. monster man

alrighty- stripped tires off, repeat: tires gone, will sell for $1,000

4" Tuff Country HD springs,
    ORD shackle flip rear 4"
    ORD HD front shackles
    ORD swaybar disconnect
    braided extended lines
    Rancho shocks
    SM465/NP205/14b FF, 10b D44

overall condition: rough but usable. I've put a lot of new parts in to get it running right but I think it just needs a new motor

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  8. monster man

whoops- deleted my last message, but read above, tires gone, price lowered

9. misterfnygy

misterfnygy 1/2 ton status

Still Interested

Are there any tires on it now? I want to check it out. PM me with your contact info. Thanks