Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton 38.5 Boggers, 4" lift, $3000 obo MAKE OFFER!

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by monster man, Dec 30, 2005.

1. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

14 bolt FULL FLOAT, 38.5x11" Boggers on 15x8 rims, 4" Tuff Country front, ORD shackle flip rear, extended brake lines, raised steering arm, ORD heavy duty front shackles, Rancho 5000 shocks, Chevy 396 motor swapped in, AC (needs work), toolboxes, rebuilt quadrajet

well, I got no bites on the tires/lift separately so I'm going to try hard to sell the whole truck, even taking a loss. I am losing my storage space so it needs to go QUICK. :confused: Have over $4,000 invested and the tires and lift are barely used.

The reason they are barely used is because I can't register it, and thus, can't drive it on the street- it won't pass smog here. BUT, it is fairly reliable and it does run OK. Could use some gearing (I already got the 4.56 open carrier and gears for the rear 14 bolt, just need to put it in and get gears for the front)

If you have a smog lax state that doesn't test that far back you're in good shape :-)

I'm going to be honest here- the truck is pretty darn hammered body wise. The only good poart is the cab, all other body panels are damaged. Carpet pulled out and scrapped, interior panels are OK but could use a dye job. Seat has a new cover on it. It's led a hard life but this thing has plenty left in it. Tires, lift, and axles alone are worth the purchase price- throw them in your half ton, STRAIGHT BOLT IN!

Mechanical problems: Well, it doesn't pass smog, that's the main one. Also, input bearing on trans needs to be replaced. Fan only works on low speed.
    Otherwise it's pretty solid- stops well, tracks straight, it just looks bad.
    As said, the components alone are worth the asking price.

MAKE OFFER PLEASE! I need to move this, and I'll go with the best offer in the next couple weeks, thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  2. monster man

$2700? Everybody's always wanting killer drivetrains, except for not having a front D60 you can't get any beefier than this- SM465, NP205, 14 ff. The 396 can no doubt be rebuilt. It's still running and only smoking a tiny bit.

I don't want to part it cause it's been snowing and raining here for two weeks. I just want it gone in one piece. It did well in three feet of water though when my neighborhood flooded. Ugh, I hate winter. Gotta get it gone though.

Tires wheels for $1000?
    tires wheels lift for $1500?
    Tires Wheels Axles Lift for $2000?

anybody only want one part of the truck? Tires? Lift? Axles, etc.?
    I'm just trying to guage what the best option is to get this gone quick

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

if you were closer...

4. monster man

yup! I've been through that many times and know that shipping is a KILLER. Thanks though

5. Danny Joe

Danny Joe 1/2 ton status

How bad is the motor? Thanks, Danny. (my sister lives in las vegas)

6. monster man

hey sorry for the slow reply! It's not too bad per se, just doesn't pass smog. Starts pretty quick, idles good when warm, plenty of torque, doesn't knock, smokes visibly a little, that's if you're under the truck watching the exhaust. I was told one cylinder is dead, but haven't ran a compression test or anything. You know, I may even try to smog it with the new carb on there, it runs much better with it, worth a shot huh?

If it were me, I probably wouldn't attempt to drive it to Vegas just cause the mileage it has on it, it's been reliable for me, but you never know :confused:

7. nau81blazer

nau81blazer 1/2 ton status

Not that I want you to hack up your truck, but if it comes to that i'm interested in the shackle flip and front shackles. Thanks,

-Adam

8. monster man

duly noted- and with the condition it is in overall, I doubt anybody would want it for anything other than parts. I admit it, as a whole it does not look like a $3,000, or even $2,000 truck. BUT, the value of the parts is much higher and to somebody looking for these axles and tires and lift for their already good body, then it's a win win. Just trying to find somebody :D

I's have easily paid $3,000 to get the whole package deal for my other truck if I'd have had the chance. Now I gotta get rid of this one