Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1978 Cheyenne Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tcoker79, May 3, 2006.

1. tcoker79

tcoker79 Registered Member

Anyone know what the Cheyenne package included?

2. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

howdy and welcome to the forums

well without looking it up real quick in the book it included lots of things including but not limited to

carpet, headliner, color keyed interior, chrome grille stuff and bumper, extra cab insulation and seals, silverado badges, and a few other things that lesser model packages didnt get

if you wanted every little detailed thing then let us know and one of us could look it up and list it out

are you trying to find out something specifically ? or just wanting to learn this stuff like ppl like myself do ?

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Short answer: It was the high-end package in those years (later that name was used for the stripped-down trucks sold as work trucks, etc.)

Long answer: Check out what the General told us in 1978:

http://brochures.slosh.com/

go to 1978, Blazer, and looks like pages 4 and 7 are of specific interest to you.

-- A

4. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

Mine (73 Cheyenne) came with factory tow hooks, air conditioning, rear limited slip. I also think it had the little clock in the lower left hand of the dash, special cheyenne dash pad... Everything else cool was taken off my truck before I got it. Hope that helps.

5. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

clock and hooks and g80 and a/c has NOTHING to do with cheyenne package

all those were separately available options only

the cheyenne dash pad yes, the rest no

6. dremu

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah but, the Cheyenne trucks were more likely to have air, automatic, clock, all the options ticked.

Look at the brochures; the Cheyenne package included the "bright" side trim, often two-tone paint, specific interior items (which implies rear seat which implies carpet), etc.

-- A

7. tcoker79

I'm really just trying to figure out if I'm about to tear up a collectors item or something...One mans junk anothers treasure!

8. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

As said by DREMU up above the Cheyene package was just a well option vehicle back in those days.
    DREMU ( if I am not mistaken is the one responsible for giving us the web site about all the GM options and brocheres ) so he knows his stuff and is a great resource - I can't say the same for everyone that has responded to this thread..........Not pointed towards BiZEEB65 .

s

9. KevinsK5

KevinsK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Not at all. If you cut it up, no one will care except you. If someone flames you for cutting it up, they need a life and a reality check on how much a 30 year old blazer is worth. Kevin

10. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

dont worry about it,
    just run it, do what you want with it

now if it were something rare like a gentleman jim gmc or a feathers blazer or a sport package or something like that you might possibly want ot consider leaving it alone, if it were real clean shape and all original

but a cheyenne isnt rare, theres billions of them, and it wasnt the top package anyways

bonanza and other packages were rarer than the cheyenne by far, and ppl tear them up all the time

11. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

and just because a person provides brochures and whatever does not automatically make them a guru

ppl are too quick to assume too much and too easily in this world

that is a major flaw with mankind

saying something like that is a good way to get someone ticked at you

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  12. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

even so those were not part of the cheyenne package, either way,

period

more likely is not the same as was

he asked and wanted to know what was included in the cheyenne package

telling him that a/c and automatic and clock and whatever else is part of it is BS

we should be telling him what DID come in the cheyenne package, not what it should have but really didnt

because that is what he asked and wanted to know

you try to help a guy out with all the true and accurate info that you know off the top of your head that the moment and then you get a couple jokers who come in and try to suggest a bit of info that is not true/accurate

i tell ya...

actually you know what- i care too much

just go on and on about other stuff that didnt come with and has nothing to do with the cheyenne package, just post whatever you think is accurate to members, i dont really care now- whatever
    im not gonna post in a thread like this anymore,
    done pissed me off now

good luck

Last edited: May 3, 2006
  13. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

It's not the fact that DREMU posted something that makes me value his opinion , or thik he is a "guru" it is the quality of his threads/post's that make folks consider his rsponses as "good info" and it is the lack of quality of other folks post's that make folks understand what they bring to the discussion table - I'll just leave it at that .......

Tom

14. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Oh no!! :eek1: :eek1: :rolleyes:

15. dremu

Breathe, Randy. You've taken apart more trucks than I've ever seen, so I don't think anybody's doubting your knowledge.

What I had said wasn't even directed at you, per se ... someone had said "*my* Cheyenne has (x) and (y)", which, while a start, isn't the big picture. I mean no ill will towards that poster (or anyone, really); I was just trying to politely give The Big Picture answer.

Your answer is of course precisely correct; it's a trim package and does not mean for certain that specific options -- the clock, the G80, whatever -- would come with the truck.

Given that the OP hadn't told us *why* he wanted to know, I find it best to kinda guess and provide more info, rather than less.

Anyway, hopefully this thread will provide lots of information for future posters using that search button, and we should all remember to keep the drama in the Lounge where it belongs :haha:

-- A

16. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

Well, I looked in my 79 Blazer brochure it says: Cheyenne interior, available cheyenne interior includes high back front bucket seats, in a choice of custom cloth or custom vinyl. You also have a choice of single or two toned interior color scheme. The cheyenne interior also includes a front console, gage-type instrumentation, color keyed carpeting, front door and rear sidewall trim panels, brushed bright metal trim and additional insulation. Matching rear fold up bench seat is available.

I have a 79 cheyenne blazer, that was actually special ordered with order number from the factory, and every option but the 400 small block. Is that important to everyone or make it worth more? Maybe maybe not, what is important is that I really like that blazer, and I will make it as I see fit. Some people will say you ruined it, like my previous owner says, but thats tough, its not for others enjoyment but your own.

Point being, make it the way you want to, and don't worry about it, theres others out there. I don't think there is truely a rare blazer out there (unless if went off the showroom floor into storage) The only rare thing is to find one without rust!

Enjoy her!

17. tcoker79

thanks for all the information, you guys rock!!