Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1978 K5 lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gunner_vincent, Oct 17, 2004.

1. gunner_vincent

gunner_vincent Registered Member

Hey ya'll, I'm new so please bear with me... I am lifting my 1978 K5, I am looking at a 6" lift from pro comp. my question is: How big of tires I can go with a 6" lift(leaf) I can go? I spoke with a guy today, his was late 80's K5 he had a 4" Superlift and he was running 36x12.50 15R on it, he never mentioned anything about a bodylift. Is that possible? When I first started looking at lift kits.. I was under the impresson I could only go 35's on a 6 inch lift! Is this even true right? I am all about going big or going home! Can anybody offer any a little/lot of guidance?

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I have 9" of lift and 35's with no fender trimming and my tires will hit the front fenders while flexing.

3. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

no problems with my 4in lift and 35s right now 36" iroks and a 4in lift. just stay low, id stay away from stiff procomp springs and trim a little! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

6" Pro Comp lift and 35" MT's

[​IMG]
    It is a fairly stiff ride> I am going to take out the swaybar this weekend.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Many guys run larger tires with a 4 inch lift , they trim the fenders . If you ran the 6 inch kit , I see no problem with 36's . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif