Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1978 suburban 3/4 ton..HAS TO GO!!!

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 55Willy, Jan 16, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I still have the 3/4 ton eye sore sitting here, and the longer it is here the longer the Willy's has to wait. So heres what is good or desent:

Front bumper
    Gas tank w/skid plate**(skid plate sold, thanks mudhog-Shannon)**
    rear doors
    seats
    headliner(Double T spoke about it, but that was months ago)
    fan shroud
    tube grill
    frame
    stock springs
    glass
    rear drivelines( 2 piece)
    tub if you come and get it( some rust in front floor but workable)

don't bother asking about:
    engine
    tranny
    t-case
    front and rear
    brake set up
    steering column

Also have
    1/2 ton front springs
    1/2 ton 10 bolt housings front(no yoke or shafts)
    1/2 ton 10 bolt rear( has stripped spider gears,new from the backing plates out.)
    77 blazer top
    auto column

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 55Willy on 01/27/02 04:53 AM.</FONT></P>

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Still have everything...It has to go..I have no choice and no room. If not it is all going to the scrapeyard..

<hr></blockquote> Do not write below this line

<hr></blockquote>

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

If you don't get any takers on the drivelines and on the tank(if it's 31gallon?) let me know and I'll try to scrape up some money for them. I can't commit to more than that yet I need to find out what kind of storage I have.

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com
    Speed limits? <a target="_blank" href=http://www.ibiblio.org/rdu/p-sl.html>http://www.ibiblio.org/rdu/p-sl.html</a>

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

front driveline is for the Willy's, rear driveline is a two piece and the tank is only the 25 gallon.

<hr></blockquote>

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

jeremy the skid plate for the gas tank is it the plastic one or aluminum? and will it fit mine and how much?

aaron i still have a 31 gal tank here id sell for $40

wheeling pics

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

100% American Steel skid plate, bolts up to all (most,lol) chevy's 73 to 79 maybe the 80 and ups too.

the price is like the Willy's body...up in the air[​IMG] I have no idea what anything goes for..never had to price anything..cus I already have it around here somewhere,LOL

<hr></blockquote>

7. mudhog

let me know if it is cheep enough ill take it friday when you come up to Franks i would like to have it for my blazer[​IMG]

wheeling pics

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

i'll call some laces tomorrow and see what they sell them for and cut you a deal.

<hr></blockquote>

9. mudhog

very cool[​IMG]

wheeling pics

10. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

how do the springs look on that thing? my C20 is sagging something horrible (2-4 cracked leaves per rear pack) and I'm trying to decide how best to go about replacing them. about the only problem I can think of is the shipping charge to get them from up north to AZ 85257 would kill any real deal.... unless I manage to win the damn lottery tomorrow, in which case I'll drive up there, throw phat loots at you, and take the whole thing off your hands.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'll take a look at them today but I believe they are in great shape, nothing cracked on them. I hope you win the lottory too!,LOL but I don't need phat loot for it. I'll take any offer. I'm just pulling the good stuff and then hauling it to the scrapyard and gfet my $10 for it cus no "auto recycler" wants it. [​IMG]

I'll check the shipping on those springs, but like you said shipping kills the deal, how much you think those weigh? I know the 3 leaf fronts are 45#'s

<hr></blockquote>

12. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

having lifted a `heavy half' rear spring pack before, I'd wager them to be about 80# or so.... could be more, since its a full 3/4 ton pack, and made for something ancient...

-Rich

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I was out of town today but as fas as the springs go for tomorrows chores.."It's on the list" LMAO

<font color=blue>I have a COMPAQ, it's the RAV4 of the computer world[​IMG]</font color=blue>

14. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Sorry I didn't get a weight on them today..My dad went into the hospital friday morning..went into surgery this afternoon[​IMG] so I'll try to get at them tomorrow.

<hr></blockquote><font color=blue>The above feelings are that expressed of the said user, and are in no relation to those of others on this site</font color=blue>

15. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

don't worry too much about it. I hope your dad gets better soon. the springs prolly weigh too much to make it feasable for me to not just get new ones made localy...

I tried to win the powerball lottery, but unfortunately, only came up winning 8 dollars... oh well, hopefully I'll be able to get some phat loots with little/no effort soon.

once again, I hope your dad's allright, and I'll talk to you later.

-Rich

16. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Do you still have the 78 burb? If so what condition is the frame in? I assume this was a 3/4 ton 4x4 frame. I might be interested in the frame and what ever is attached to it for dirt cheap. Let me know.

Thanks,
    Mike.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/view_album.pcgi?set_albumName=albun08>My Pics</a>

17. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I just got the PM and replied..I should of read this first. I still have the frame with the springs. and the body is still on, but I'll just yank that off if you don't want it. only parts missing are the running gear( motor, tranny, case, axles...it is sitting on a set of busted 10 bolts to be able to roll it.

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!