Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1978 Suburban silverado 4x4 for sale... $500.00 (pics)

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I havent had a chance to even touch her yet... non-running, though I do have an engine for her for another couple hundred.

1/2-ton (I have 3/4 ton suspension for it, plus some 2" Add a leaves for it)
    very minimal rust
    rear AC
    Rear heat (needs to be fixed)
    seats are in good shape: front needs help but the rear is perfect
    extra set of stock ralley wheels
    extra grille chrome
    Chrome tube-grille
    extra rear barn doors
    bunch of other misc parts that I was planning on putting on/in her. I have pretty much everything to get her running and lifted other than tires.

I am firm on the price since I bought her for $400.00 and am throwing in way more than $100.00 worth of wheels, suspension, grille, chrome, rear barn doors, etc... and I am in real need of the $$.

-Ryan

http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=13016&size=big&password=0&sort=1&cat=500

http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=13015&size=big&password=0&sort=1&cat=500

http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=13014&size=big&password=0&sort=1&cat=500

exterior pics coming soon.

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Re: 1978 Suburban silverado for sale... $500.00

Send me pics /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I may buy it for my sister-in-law, she needs a rig thats larger.

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Is the 3/4 ton stuff not installed yet?

Between ugly and me I'm sure we can work something out.

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I will get pics tomorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    see, I knew Dan would make a good sister in law /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif you were actually part of the reason i replyed so fast Dan /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    He has 3/4 ton suspension, as in springs. Not axles (unless he picked some up recently that I didnt hear about).

8. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

just like I said, the 3/4 ton suspension... not axles, etc... just springs

9. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

is it 4x4? what motor tranie t-case? why dosnt it run? what kinda shape is it in?

10. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

I would be interested in the motor. What kind of condition is it in. If it is a strong runner give me a price. you can PM me.

11. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Engine is blown... really blown... as in, I pulled a piece of the CAM out of the BOTTOM of the oil pan... but I have another SBC (ready to be assembled) to go in it. It appears to have a TH350/NP203. yes is a 4x4, full-time. No idea about gear ratio's. its in real good shape for being a 1978. a couple spots of rust, nothing major and the interior is in pretty good shape too. the rear seat was rarely if ever used and the front seat is threadbare but solid.

12. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Zach, the engine I have for it isnt together (heads removed), I will be taking it to my engine builder friend and having him go through it. the bottom-end only has like 10k miles on it but since the heads/intake are off I figure I might as well replace all the bearings and seals. 4-bolt main. Keith black hypereutectic flat-top pistons, SCAT forged crank, all Clevite bearings, High-volume moroso oil pump and a 7-quart moroso pan. its got an XE268 Comp cam in it with lifters and comes with a set of comp chromoly push-rods. I have a set of stock heads for it along with an aluminum Edelbrock intake and a 650CFM Edelbrock carb... HEI distributor that may need to be re-arced for the de-tuned heads (had trick-flows on it before) its got a brand new water pump, double roller comp timing chain and gears... its got more stuff too... I just cant think of it right off-hand. it was pushing well over 400ft-lb of torque when I tore it down and sold the heads.