Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1979 C30 Camper Special - SOLD

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by longbedder, Sep 13, 2006.

1. longbedder

longbedder 1/2 ton status Premium Member

SOLD to hatchetjack

9000 pounds GVWR, camper hookups in bed, towing package with trailer brake controls. Hydroboost brakes. Pneumatic load levelers/spring helpers. Rear floodlights.

454 and TH400 - both very strong. 14-bolt rear with 4.10 gears. This truck was meant to pull. ZERO rust, body is straight - frame/underside still have factory coating. You can see the paint condition in the pics.

AC has all parts but doesn't work. Bench seat could use some TLC. I've been using this as a DD - trucks this clean are becoming harder to find.

$1500 - I may deliver to the southwest US, Missouri, or points in between.

C30_2.jpg

C30_1.jpg

C30_3.jpg

C30_4.jpg

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  2. longbedder

3. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'd be interested if you can get it closer to Alabama.

Thanks,
    Mike

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Stupid question: what kind of mileage that thing get?

5. longbedder

Actually, it's not as bad as you might think, as long as you keep your foot out of it and the secondaries don't open up. It gets about 11mpg on the highway, and about 8mpg in town.

I'll be going to Springfield, MO in about 4 weeks. I was going to fly both ways, but if anyone wants to buy it I'd head out that way driving the truck. It's perfectly capable of making the trip. Throw in some extra for gas, and we'd have a deal.

6. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Couple questions...
    Any rust anywhere on it...like bubbles coming through around the fender wells or cab corners??
    What kind of shape is the engine and tranny in??
    Any issues or rebuilds?

I'm looking for something reliable to make parts store and Home Depot runs while I'm working on the K30. Reliable is the key word because I already have two trucks and an unfinished basment that need work.

7. longbedder

Absolutely zero rust on the body (open or cancer rust). The paint is all original. Even the wheel wells have the original paint/undercoating on them. No bondo whatsoever. The battery trays (dual) have some light rust on them - that is it. This truck has lived its life in the California desert. We get about 2 inches of rain here per year, and it snows once every 3-4 years.

The engine is strong. Power is there, no knocks or pings. The temp gage stays about 15 degrees (angular, not temp) left of center, and the oil pressure gage stays around the 3/4 mark (both factory gages that work). I rebuilt the carb two months ago, and the plugs, cap, and rotor were all freshened at that time as well.

The tranny was also replaced fresh two months ago. The old one had a shot pump so I replaced the whole TH400. It shifts firmly, functionality is flawless, and the fluid stays clean. I also did the U-joints at that time.

If I deliver this truck, it will be by driving it there and flying back from my friend's wedding in MO. It's perfectly capable of making a cross-country trip on the freeway. This truck is my current DD, but I am whittling down the herd and re-prioritizing projects. I'm currently building a fuel-injected, 3-linked shortbox 4x4 and a '71 3/4-ton 4x4.

8. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Very tempting indeed...

PM sent

9. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Where exactly is the truck located?

Im interested and going with friends from Lafayette Louisiana to Augusta Georgia Oct. 4th

10. longbedder

The truck is in southern California - the first post says southwest, not southeast.

11. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What a beautiful truck, especially for $1500. What a steal compared to something like the 89-early 90's 454ss trucks. Basically the same thing but not bogged down and doesn't take the sale of a kidney to get it! Good luck w/ this sale, someone is going to end up with a heck of a parts runner/tow rig.

-Avery