Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1979 Jimmy Diesel Project

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by rd durham, Oct 21, 2005.

1. rd durham

rd durham Registered Member

PRICE REDUCTION

What I have is a 1979 Jimmy (full size), the engine, transmission and transfer case came out of a 1984 military (CUCV) Blazer, and has around 15,247 miles total. The motor is a 6.2L GMC/Detroit Diesel, transmission is a TH400 automatic and the transfer case is a NP208. The engine is a J code military diesel. The engine, transmission and transfer case are already dropped into the Jimmy and would be pretty much a straight drop in for any other full size GM truck or SUV in the late 1970's and 1980's. What is needed to complete the project with the Jimmy is a front clip from an early 1980's Chevy/GMC pickup or SUV (diesel radiator doesn't easily fit the 1970's front clip and the original front clip went to scrap), drivelines and belts & hoses. It also needs the hydralic assisted brake booster (Hydraboost) installed with the later model steering box. The hydraboost, steering gear and more is stored in the back of the Jimmy. The Jimmy itself has some rust areas on the rear quarters and rocker panels. The interior is in fair shape and primarily needs a good cleaning and the cloth on the headliner reglued.

I'd like to get $1600 for everything. If you check on Car-Parts.com the engine, transmission and transfer case would sell for $1800 to $2400 without the truck with this low mileage. If anyone is interested just e-mail me back at rd_durham80920@Yahoo.com, or call 719/590-4989.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  2. rd durham

Here are some pictures if anyone is interested. Stored in the back of the Jimmy is the A/C components, brackets & pulleys, replacement back side window for driver's side, hydraboost brake unit with matching steering box, drive shafts, alternator off a 6.2L and misc. parts.

R. Dale Durham
    Colorado Springs, CO

Jimmy 004.jpg

Jimmy 002.jpg

Jimmy 007.jpg

Jimmy 017.jpg

Jimmy 018.jpg

3. rd durham

Off The Market

I have taken this off the market for the time being.