Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1979 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jbholley, Dec 3, 2003.

1. jbholley

jbholley Registered Member

Hey gang just bought a 79 K5 a few months ago. My first Blazer. My problem is it has a 12 bolt in the rear and a 10 bolt in the front and the idiot who ordered it from the factory had 2:76's put in the rear. This blazer is in mint condition it has got the Cheyenne package and just about every available option from the factory and it all works. So I would like to keep it as close to factory as possible. Any suggestions? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Worst case is you get good gas mileage /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. 2:76's make for lousy offroad gears but since you want it stock I don't think I'd worry about it too much. It would be easy enough to swap in another set of 10/12 bolts with better gears without losing any factory appearance. My 80 K5 has a 10/12 bolt but I have 3:73's factory. I will be selling them off as soon as I put in my D60 and 14b axles.
    Sell them cheap /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Don't drive it in the winter /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What tire do you wanna run???

I have 3.08's in my 77' Shortbed...
    I have 31" tire...and a strong 350 motor..
    I happy with the gearing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. jbholley

I am currently running 31x10.50x15 on a 400ci 6.6 liter but I'm going to put 33x13.50x15's on.And big pappa b 3:73's are what I would really rather run what would you take for them when you get ready to sell? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

hey, i got a 79' to, can u scan and email me yur rpo tag in yur glove for me. i want to get mine re-created by the local sticker guy. it would be greatly appreciated. thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. jbholley

emailed that pic to ya. if ya get to many made you can send me one. lol /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif