Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1980 K10 Shortbed - Runs + Extras

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by OrangeCrushK10, Dec 30, 2005.

1. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Have to sell my baby.... I feel horrible, but I'm in so much of a financial bind that I just cannot afford to keep it. So here goes.

1980 Chevy K10 Shortbed Fleetside
    Faded Hazard Orange w/ White Flames
    This was once a fleet vehicle, so it is VERY basic. No Options at all.

Basics -

Dana 44 Front 4:10
    12 Bolt Rear 4:10
    NP205 (slip yoke)
    SM465

Mods -
    350sbc w/ 4bbl (fires right up and passes emissions amazingly, I've always been impressed with the engine)
    Lockout Hubs
    3" body lift
    Onboard Air; York compressor w/ huge air tank in bed
    Driver door is Removable
    Kill Switch in Cab

Missing / other bad things -
    Driver Side Mirror (tree)
    Rust in floorboards near door sill (common in these trucks)
    Dents all over (Adds character)
    Driver Side Door panel missing
    Driver side window occasionally jams an falls out of it's track (Just annoying, really)
    Bench seat torn
    Drivetrain leaks oil.... from nearly everywhere it seems
    Tires suck, but still have great tread
    Passenger Side Hub splines are messed up (makes tearing down and rebuilding difficult and also has once caused the wheel's lug-nuts to loosen. Easy fix with a little time)

Extras not installed-
    4" lift 1 ton Rear springs (Project UAV's old springs before the TC's. One leaf is messed up. Check out the Tough Country Spring Swap Writeup for pictures and details on the springs)
    1 ton Eaton H072 Rear 4:10 (Completely Torn down. Welded Spider gears. Cover is painted Hazard Orange. An Awesome rear end with it's removable 3rd and single piece housing)
    Dana 44 HD 3/4ton 8lug - Old style with external hubs 4:10 (Hubs torn down, external lockouts missing. Has old style "Flat top" knuckles making Dana 44 crossover steering is possible)

There are probably things I am missing. As we all know these trucks are individually unique and after a while you just take the quirks for granted and stop noticing them.

I'm not sure what to ask for all of this. It is quite a bit and with minimal work could be an awesome rock crawler. Many of the parts are already there. The 52" rear springs could be swapped up front to complete the 4" lift.

$1,200 OBO or trade for older (late 80's-ish) Subaru Wagon or similar

2. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Remembered stuff -

Slip Yoke Eliminator kit