Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1980 Suburban 3/4 ton equipment

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by backwood heavy, Sep 16, 2002.

1. backwood heavy

backwood heavy Registered Member

Im gonna just lay out what I think is going on under this trucks skin. I know its a 350 w/4bbl, an auto(TH400?), 4X4(NP205? + Dana-44 8 lug and 14-bolt SF/FF->gotta check the hubs) its also got PW, PB, AC, CC, Tilt and a class III hitch. Am I right about the components or am I missing a 10 bolt front, what kind of gears or package came with the mentioned equipment? Any info would be great because the seller is not an enthusiast just a driver.

Thanks
    Dave

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Is this something you already own or are you thinking about buying it? Look at this page:http://coloradok5.com/axleguide.shtml for axle identification. I believe the 1980 came with a NP205...the gears, usually they came with 3.73's, if i'm wrong someone will correct me. Anything else you looking for?

Also, please fill out your profile, will help us give you better info, especially if someone is in your area, can stop by and have a look.

3. backwood heavy

backwood heavy Registered Member

Im trying to buy a truck for work. I called the guy but he said he traded it for 2 early 80's chevy vans so that lead was a bust. I am just trying to buy a chevy and its a real pain in the a$$. I got a lead on an 89 Blazer but the guy is never home or is screening his calls. I need something to because doing landscaping out of the back of my 94 Civic is getting old.

Thanks anyways and if anyone knows of a chevy truck extended cab-crew cab-blazer-suburban solid axle truck under $3000 in the NJ, NY, PA, CT areas Im interested and will travel.

4. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

guy i may have something for you. my 84blazer will let uyou know shortly if interested.