Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1983 Chevy C10 6.2 rack body 14blt FF. in NH

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by 6.2puller, Apr 11, 2006.

1. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

My green parts truck is on the choping block.
    1983 chevy C10 (originally)
    Optioned as a "heavy half ton"
    I made it a reall heavy half ton with 1 ton rear springs and a 14 bolt FF with disk brakes.
    6.2 diesel, 700R4.
    Body is in pretty excellent shape for the year. Cab mounts are the only rough spots and the rockers will need some help in another year or two.
    Rack body is a Mesier Truck unit and is sweet for hauling all your parts or trash or whatever. No need to worry about the bed when throwing stuff at it. [​IMG]

Got 3 new tires and one OK tire.
    I drive this truck between 30 and 60 miles a day and have for 3 yrs now. No issues with it at all. The motor is a goodwrench motor and I have no idea at what point it was replaced or how many miles are on it.
    Two years back I put two 750 CCA batteries and a gear reduction starter on it and have NEVER had a starting problem since even on the coldest of days.

Class III reciever. Tows like a champ. THe 6.2 is no powerstroke or cummins but she definatly smokes a 350 or 351 when pulling. The only issues I have had towing with this is the SWB tends to get pushed in the corners when their is a heavy load on the hitch. It does not have a brake controler but with the rear discs its all good [​IMG]

Anyway this beast will go for 1500$ OBRO Not much room to play on this price. The bed alone is worth most of that.
    Contact me at nateniki@adelphia.net for more info or questions.
    Please no PMs as I am moving and only have internet at work wich does not allow forums. Email only.

2. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Where in New England?

Entertaining any trades?

3. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

It is in Dover NH and I am looking for a 750 or larger motorcycle any make. If it doesn't sell over the summer than a Blazer would be interresting.

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

pics to southernk5@hotmail.com please. would you be willing to meet 1/2 way? any idea on milage on engine/tranny?

5. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

I can't meet you at this point. I have way to much crap going on right now.
    The motor is a goodwrench replacement and I have no idea of the mileage. The truck has rolled miles atleast 2 times but the tranny and engine and rear axle are all newer. Rear end has about 20K on it, tranny has about 50K on it.

MVC-103S.JPG

MVC-102S.JPG

MVC-101S.JPG

6. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

wow i wish i had some spare coin...