Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1983 K5 6.2L diesel, San Diego

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by K5Blazed, Jul 25, 2004.

1. K5Blazed

K5Blazed Registered Member

I'm trying to sell my K5 because I am a student and am in no financial position to keep a vehicle like this at the moment. I spent the last year and a half sinking all my non-existent student income(about $7500)into this truck to get it running...now that I'm pretty much done, I can't afford to keep it /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I now offer my Blazer for sale to someone else who can appreciate it.
    This is what I have:
    1983 K5 Blazer with a 6.2L diesel engine. The motor runs very strong and has approx. 30,000 miles on it. I don't have the paperwork for this, but have verified it had been replaced by a previous owner. Exhaust is simple...it had holes in it behind cab, so I cut it off and welded cherrybombs on, which dump out underneath, it was a temporary fix that never got fixed. I had a new injector pump installed by Chevy Dealership approx. 2K miles ago. It had a th350 in it that didn't shift right, so I had it swapped out for a new 700r4(which was a MAJOR headache since it was in and out of the shop for over a year and had over 5 trannies put in because the guy I went to was a moron...he finally got it running properly...the tranny has 700miles on it, only) I changed shifter to floor instead of on steering column due to body lift problems. I went through the engine replacing items here and there and gave it a well-needed cleaning and black paint. Had radiator redone and fan replaced with auxillary electric due to previous owner's boo boo. Front fenders and hood were replaced, too. A previous owner had a 3" body lift on it, so I removed it due to crazy drivetrain angles and body mount problems. I kept the current 4" lift, welded new body mounts, and replaced bushings with polyurethane. Tires are 35" BFG mud-terrains. I ripped out the interior that had Washington funk growing in it(broken windshield-replaced) and wire wheeled the interior metal, primed it, and gave it a coat of black Herculiner. Stereo works fine, it is a dash-mounted CD player with Infinity Kappa plates in dash and some random Alpines in doors. Seats are in fair condition with some jBugs racing seats in front and stock bench in rear(sun-faded). Exterior of vehicle was black and scratched up from trails, some foo foo metal strips were coming loose, so I helped them off, sanded it and gave the exterior a 25 can coat of camo paint. Underneath, I put 15 cans of Bondo undercoating on it to deaden some road noise. Original front bumper was not on it, so I fabbed up one myself in my buddy's garage and bolted on the Warn 8000lb winch that came with the truck. The winch works, but I have it disconnected at the moment since it needs a new cable and hook. Rear bumper was also fabbed up along with a tow hitch. It doesn't have many things wrong with it besides tiny leak in steering hose fitting, loose steering box(which i need to tighten) and I think the glow plugs need to be put on a manual switch, and a few minor things that I haven't gotten to yet. All in all, I've spent a lot of time working on it trying to get it running strong and looking half-way decent and am sadly ready to part with it. I don't know what it is worth, and most likely will bite the bullet on this one. I have all summer to sell it, so right now I'm looking for the best offer or maybe a suggested value from one of you experienced K5'ers. Pics are under member rides since I couldnt figure out how else to get them to be viewed. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

[​IMG] [​IMG]

since they are up loaded to this site just copy the properties and then use the "image" tag in the UBB code box. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. K5Blazed

K5Blazed Registered Member

Thanks, Willy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

So I'm still lookin' for a new home for this K5. Just trying to give you Colorado K5ers a first chance before it goes into the AutoTrader sometime very soon. I'm thinking price is somewhere in the $5-6k range and as always BEST OFFER.