Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1984 Diesel K5 For Sale. (Portland, OR) **sold**

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by colbystephens, Jul 12, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just like the title says, my buddy's blazer is going up for sale. it's got a 6.2/350/208/10blts w/ i believe 3.42 gearing. It's my buddy's truck, and it will be available on the 24th of July. Nearly brand new set of 33" mt/R's. Here's a couple teaser pics before we put the real ad up later on. asking $2K. :) see bottom of page for more pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is located in the portland area. for those of you who may not be members, you may email questions to me at colbys (at) pdx (dot) edu.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  2. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Sure is purdy, need daylight pics.:D

3. colbystephens

ok. it's up for sale now. i'll try and get some updated better pics this weekend. he's asking 2k. i'll also get the gearing ratio for sure too. he's out of town for 3 weeks, but has given me the title and permission to sell. ;)

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Seen it in person and it looks damn decent for $2K IMHO. If I had room for it I'd snatch it up without a second thought.

Rene

5. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Along with the pics, how many miles and trim level package?

6. colbystephens

it's a silverado, no mileage is available as it had turned over and then the odometer was removed for a while.

7. john39671

john39671 1/2 ton status

8. colbystephens

yep. any specific pics you want? i'm going to try to get out there this weekend to take updated photos and really get on it about selling his rig. he's out of town, but he's given me the signed/released title and it's up to me right now to sell it. :)

9. john39671

john39671 1/2 ton status

Just whatever you have.

10. john39671

john39671 1/2 ton status

Any luck last weekend with pics?

11. colbystephens

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  12. colbystephens

ok, here's the new photos and info. :) since alot of you are from far away, i'm including just about everything i know about this rig: the good, the bad and the ugly.

1984 k5 blazer. 6.2L diesel. TH350 Trans. NP208 t-case. 10bolts front and rear. I believe it's 3.42 gearing. about 1" or 2" lift (blocks rear) and nearly new 33" goodyear mt/r's. i recently drove it to canada, and including about 3 hours of idling and averaging about 65-70 mph it got about 16 mpg. Asking $2k OBO.

Straight Exterior.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engine Compartment.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    as you can see, the a/c unit and lines have been removed from the engine.

Interior.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    while the interior is clean, some flaws have been covered. Clearly the seats have covers, as the driver's seat was replaced by one of the red vinyl seats from another rig, and while the passenger seat remains stock, both front seats have rips in them. However, these are not noticeable on contact. The carpet is not perfect in the cab, as it has some spotting, and the carpet in the cargo space is quite stained, as well as ripped in a couple areas and is pulling up from the rear of the bed. the stereo has been removed, and an aftermarket unit installed in an ammo case infront of the center console. this is a tape deck only, as Nathan used the accessory jack on this deck to hook up his i-pod which fit conveniently perfectly in the old-school cell phone holder which is next to the t-case shifter. it's a pretty cool set up, actually. this has aftermarket speakers - pioneers i believe.

Here are the only two flaws on the body: Rear bumper rust, and hitch rust. these are also the only two known places of rust on this vehicle.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The following is a pic of the remaining tread on the 33" mt/r's. these only have about 4 months of drivetime on them. very nice condition:
    [​IMG]

so, the rig is in pretty killer shape, for the most part. however, there are some issues. here's the bad news:

the wiring in the blinker/brights lever has been cut, so while the blinkers are operational, the brights are not. it seems that the alternator and p/s pulleys are mis-aligned, as this engine likes to go thru belts very quick (read, will eat a belt a month or so). The tranny kickdown cable is not set correctly, thus it's throttle is not so great. these are pretty easily/inexpensively solved issues. the rear gate window will only roll down from inside the cab. the driver's window motor is really slow.

it's running a brand new p/s pump and pulley, alternator, harmonic balancer, and two new batteries. new kennedy quickhead glow plugs last january. this has power doors/windows etc.

i think those are all the quirks. it's a good rig, reliable DD as long as the belts are in good shape. if i didn't already have a k5, i'd buy this rig. it's a great price for the condition - particularly that straight body.

i will be selling this vehicle for him - he is out of town currently, but i have signed paperwork ready to go to the first reasonable offer.

13. john39671

john39671 1/2 ton status

That is a nice rig for the price, I just wish I knew someone who wanted the diesel since I have a 383 stroker ready to go. But I will show the pics to my wife and see what she thinks since our youngest son just turned 16.

14. colbystephens

there's a dude out in hermiston who wants the drivetrain from it... i could put you in touch w/ him. ;)

15. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

If you are interested in this kind of deal.... We ought to talk...

Let me know

Lee

16. colbystephens

woops, looks like the dude i was talking aboot is in philomath. :) hey bigblue - still got that non-egr intake for the 6.2? maybe we could work that out in the next month.

17. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

You may be thinking of 55Willys. He has a bunch of parts. I do not have a non-EGR intake... BUT... I may be able to get one from my favorite junk yard. I got a little pull there.

I hope 'john' gets in contact with me...

18. colbystephens

maybe i'm still getting you confused w/ some dude in hermiston... :)

19. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I've got a J code intake on my old 6.2 that I am willing to sell... Just gotta get over there and finish picking up all my parts so I can pull it off the junk block.

20. colbystephens

how much do you want for it? the dude in hermiston wants 25.