Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1984 K5 4x4 Turbo Diesel FOR SALE in TEXAS

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by turbodiesel, Aug 12, 2003.

1. turbodiesel

turbodiesel Registered Member

After mistakenly posting in the garage, now I've paid my fees to be able to post here. I think this is a rare bird in excellent condition and I really want this group to see it. Please view my listing on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2427445872&category=6154

Feel free to email me with additional questions. The reserve is significanly lower than the "buy it now" option, but I just can't help but think this truck is worth ensuring the deal at $8,900 since you will be hard pressed to find another in this condition with Turbo!! No Rust and never been hacked or beaten up!!

Thanks for looking,
    Dave

2. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

I seriously doubt that truck has a 14 bolt... I'm not sure where you are counting bolts "third member???" No chevy axle from that era has a third member. Plus a 14 bolt has 14 bolts on the ring gear, big ass full floating hubs, and 8 lugs. This would also make it have 16.5 inch rims.

Other scenario, someone swapped a SF 14 bolt, which i doubt too.

3. turbodiesel

I'll check. We counted 14 bolts on the rear of the pumpkin. Was that the wrong place to count bolts?

Aren't these the bolts to count?:
    http://www.alaskaoffroad.com/images/Tech/14bolt/14boltcover.JPG

This is what I refer to as a third member (bolts are on the other side). My jargon may be incorrect:

http://www.alaskaoffroad.com/images/Tech/14bolt/14boltpinioncover.JPG

I know the rear axle was upgraded to 4:10 gears. It could be that the previous owner swapped in the 14 bolt you mention. Tell me what to look for and I'll verify.

Thanks,
    Dave

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

If that is your rear cover, then yes, you have a 14FF....

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

You say 14 bolt, but show 6 lug rims on the truck.

Clear up the confusion, and give a pic of the axle, or the rear 8 lugs and showing the hub.

Why do you call it a car????

6. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

there are 6 lug 14 bolts, as mentioned above /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I seriously doubt that truck has a 14 bolt... I'm not sure where you are counting bolts "third member???" No chevy axle from that era has a third member. Plus a 14 bolt has 14 bolts on the ring gear, big ass full floating hubs, and 8 lugs. This would also make it have 16.5 inch rims.

[/ QUOTE ]
    It's not very wise to belittle someone when you dont know your facts, 14 bolts dont have 14 ring gear bolts, aren't all full floaters and dont all have 16.5 rims. Also not uncommon to refer to a complete axle as a third member. I thought I knew everything when I was 21 also, but now realize that those kind of comments just make you look like an ass.

8. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    It's not very wise to belittle someone when you dont know your facts, 14 bolts dont have 14 ring gear bolts, aren't all full floaters and dont all have 16.5 rims. Also not uncommon to refer to a complete axle as a third member. I thought I knew everything when I was 21 also, but now realize that those kind of comments just make you look like an ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to belittle him, I was trying to help him so he didn't advertise the wrong information. Ok maybe there are only like 12 ring gear bolts, I can't remember. Anyways I also said it could be a semi floating 14 bolt. So I wasn't trying to be an ass or a know it all, just trying to help.

So what if I'm young (23), I help who I can and try to learn from the rest. Search the rest of my posts and I normally try to help people with my experience. Older guys normally won't give younger guys the time of day because of your attitude. When that happens I just find someone different to deal with.

9. BARRAZA

BARRAZA 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was trying to help him so he didn't advertise the wrong information. Ok maybe there are only like 12 ring gear bolts, I can't remember. I help who I can and try to learn from the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see it, just what "help" did your answer provide? And if you think "maybe" there are twelve bolts, but can't "remember", why not go check before making wisecracks.

May as well bring this guys ad TTT

10. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Damn nice truck, Wish you the best selling it. Would be a great blazer for someone who wants to step up and get a diesel.

11. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

The man took the time and $$$ to join our site and this is how we welcome him??? We ALL had to start somewhere..................right?

Anyhow, Turbo, welcome to the site. (I hope you do not sell your Blazer though) I did and I regret it. I am in the works to get another one now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. turbodiesel

Thanks everyone for the kind words. And though I was slightly startled by the first response, he was right on about me needing to look into it further. Anyway, he's an Aggie so you just have to take that into account. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Oh please lets just let the jabs stop there...

I just got laid off a couple weeks ago and I'm hitting the pavement with any and every idea that comes to me to scrape up a buck or two before having to take it from the man again. My wife, bless her heart, is the only employed one between us and I was the main bread winner. I'll be fine thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyhow, I'm selling this truck for a good friend who has a dealership in Laredo and we've worked out a commission. I just don't think he's getting the right eyes on it and ebay is great for a fairly rare specimen like this. This is a special truck and the more people that see it the better. He's a good guy and a trustworthy and honest used car dealer believe it or not (you have to be in a small town). This was actually his personal truck to boot. I've purchased cars from him in the past and he knows how to keep them on the road. If everything works out on this deal we'll be back with another vehicle.

To be quite honest, it HAS crossed my mind to purchase this truck myself. I'm not just building it up for you guys either. My 1991 Range Rover is really starting to kill me with hesitations and mass amounts of fuel consumption. I've loved every Diesel I've owned and this thing gets 21mpg! If I were in a position to get the hell out of my Range Rover right now and buy this truck I would. You can't find another un-molested truck out there and the turbo diesel makes it even slimmer pickings.

I'm sure Range Rovers get hell over here on this site, but I'm not kidding when I say it is the real deal off road. I have a 2" lift and 31" BFG MTs. That's it. I've never offroaded with a Blazer, but I've put a lifted Jeep, a Bronco, and even a kaiser to shame more than once. No I don't think my truck is the best offroading rig out there, but wow.

PS. We dropped the "buy it now" to $7,400. If anyone hear buys this truck you'll be happy.

13. turbodiesel

By the way, I was at the Slab near Marble Falls on an offroading trip with friends once and there was a big K5 group working there way back into the thick of it. A friend mentioned he heard Colorado K5 had a visit planned. Don't know if it was any of you guys, but when you get a group of K5s together it looks downright intimidating. I was very impressed..... Oh great, now I AM getting sucked in...

14. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Welcome Diesel...
    I wish you luck in finding a job.. especially in Texas. the economy is sucking right now. That's why I'm going back to Active Duty Army or Air Force.. we'll see.
    Also.. if you do land a job.. perhaps you should buy this Diesel Blazer..it is in very nice condition.. and Blazer's are worth their weight in gold .. that's for sure..
    And.. it could have been myself and some of my local friends at the Slab.. how long ago?

15. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

That truck is sick.