Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1985 Chevy K20 flatbed questions.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nad, Apr 9, 2007.

1. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

My Jimmy motor blew up, so I offered to trade a guy nearby for his K20 flatbed for my Jimmy Sierra Classic. Here is the link: http://stlouis.craigslist.org/car/298049610.html

My questions are: Since it's a flatbed, and I want to use it to haul things like bicycles, and to haul other smaller things, what are some easy ways to make some bed sides for it? I like the look/originality of the flatbed, but it just doesn't seem practical for me. Would it be easily swappable with a regular stock bed again? I mostly want to use this for mild off-roading, some daily driving, and road trips. He wants my Jimmy + $500 cash. Does it seem like a good trade? Anything I should watch for on this particular truck?

Thanks for the help guys.

2. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

Anything?

3. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

Does it look like a good deal?

4. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

I really like the truck. Have you done any mods to your jimmy? (wish you had said blazer... :haha:) If you wanted you could probably find a motor for $500. It just really depends on what you want, but the truck looks nice.

5. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I have a 4" lift with worn out springs with 35" BFG Mud Terrains on it. Other than that, just little piddly work I've done on it. Haven't really had the money or time to really dig into it like everyone on here.

I've been looking for a motor, and someone to install it. I have a very small 1-car garage and no equipment to perform a motor swap. One guy said he could get me a motor and put it in for $1000. I'm not sure just to trust any random guy though.

The local shop said it would be roughly $750 just for labor. Any suggestions?