Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1985 cucv blazer FS omaha, NE

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by stevewix, May 19, 2005.

1. stevewix

stevewix Registered Member

1985 M1009 CUCV; 6.2 diesel w/ new glow plugs; freshly rebuilt turbo 400 with new converter; freshly resealed transfer case; 2.5" lift (skyjacker?) freshly rebuilt Dana 60 front axle w/ lincoln locked carrier (there IS a right way to do this as far as i'm concerned, PM me with questions, no i've never had so much as a hiccup from it), new disc brakes on 14 bolt rear axle w 4.56 gears and detroit; brand new warn xd9000I winch with porta mount on front and rear; 3m coated interior, newly recovered tweed front seats, new 160 thermostat + gasket, new 1480 cold forged front ujoints, as well as new ujoints throughout. 1350 CV SYE driveshaft, made by AZ driveline, fixed by inland driveshaft. recent camo paint from previous owner. 32,000 MILES and not a spot of rust anywhere, except for a quarter sized spot on the tailgate (not original to the truck). the front fenders have been trimmed and rolled very nicely to clear the 35's. i've owned this truck for less than 6 months, and the previous owner had more than $15k in it. very nice, driveable and reliable. drive anywhere. i've got over $11k in it, and it really does go anywhere. NEW 315/75/16 dick cepek xterrain tires on brand new rockcrawler wheels round out the new parts.

there are a few minor issues. the truck is fairly straight, with very very minor dings on the hood and a few other places that only show up when the truck is wet. there is one mark on the pass. side of the truck where a tree snagged the original radio antenna mount and pulled it through the sheetmetal. also, when i had the tranny rebuilt, the rebuild kit came with gas motor governor springs, so for right now the tranny must be manually shifted. the transmission hits all gears hard and works good, it just needs to be calibrated.

the steering box is sloppy, and i've got one for it along with the steering box brace that i haven't had the time to install yet.

this truck is virutally bulletproof (given the heavy duty parts and the lack of horsepower from the 6.2) and would work great for a hunting truck.

the diesel is a low power unit compared to a gas motor, but it won't break parts, it doesn't have a distributor to get wet, and it certainly doesn't flood out on really steep hills so i opted to keep it in the truck. this has been a great learning experience for me, but it's time for it to go. it will come with all of the spare parts i've accumulated such as: dimmer switch, headlight switch, extra glow plugs, extra 15" original wheels (3), old torque converter (perfectly fine), new tranny cooler and too much to list.

i need this gone. if i cant get a reasonable amount of money for it, then i won't sell it becuase it has a TON of good use still left in it. it has been 4wheeled in tuttle creek kansas 4 times since built and other than that hasn't moved.

i am extremely meticulous and anal about my stuff, and this truck runs and drives PERFECT.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2005
  2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

What are you asking for it? Interested in any other trucks in trade? Any pics?

3. stevewix

pics
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4551540639&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT

disregard the lack of bids please, i had a buyer that backed out last minute. i don't want to get rid of this truck because it would cost me a fortune to replace it should i ever want to 4wheel again, i just put a new set of warn premium lockouts on it, but to be honest it needs to go. i'm planning on building a road race/drag race/bare-knuckled street car this winter, and i need the funds. $6500 somebody buy it!!!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2005
  4. stevewix

ttt i need it gone this week; lots of good pieces here! top notch...

first 6500 takes it...

5. stevewix

$5k come and get it! serioiusly....

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Got any pics of this thing? Tried looking at the ebay auction but none show up.

7. stevewix

pending sale to take place 9-27-05

8. Scott39

Scott39 1/2 ton status

Did you sell this truck?