Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1985 Jeep Cherokee FS in Milwaukee $500 OBO

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by bigoltrux77, Mar 15, 2004.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

1985 Cherokee 2.5L 4banger, 5 speed, 4x4. 212K miles. Ran up until last week, now all it does is click when i turn the key. I know its soething easy, i just cant figure it out. MANY MANY NEW PARTS. Would be a great farm truck or hunting truck. Good gas mileage. Painted in Herculiner Bedliner. MAke an ofer please!! I leave for the Army in two weeks, i need it out of my driveway.

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Hey, man. Long time no talk. Try the starter, it went bad on mine and would just click when I turned the key. Happened all of a sudden too. Fix it, then delete this post and ask $1,000 for it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

try cleaning the battery terminals first /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    The problem I'm having is after mine sits for a little bit the contacts in the start solinoid get corroded over, stick a battery charger on it and keep turning the key till the battery dies, then let it charge up and I bet after about 20-30 ties clicking it it will start. Drive it around the block, shut it off and start it a couple more times