Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1985 S10 Tahoe 4x4, in RI, $800/bo w/pics

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by 79silverado, Apr 20, 2006.

1. 79silverado

79silverado Registered Member

Heres everything on the truck, so sorry, cause its somewhat long:

The short story of whats wrong: AAA roadside sevice came out to the truck when it was really cold out over the winter and some gas had frozen in the lines. When they got it started they revved the hell out of the engine. Theres a spun or partially spun bearing, still runs and drives but has an slightly audible knock under heavy throttle. Still runs, and you could drive it in theory but it could be months/weeks/or days of daily use from failing. I put 3.5 miles on it to get home after the incident, and there isnt any metal showing on the dipstick oil so you can possibly replace bearings without a full rebuild???

I've been looking around, and will be continuing, to try and find a feasible/affordable solution to get a strong engine into her, but based on my time, location, etc it may be more cost-effective for someone else to have her as a project, IF anyone was interested and makes an offer I can live with.

Everything else on the truck has always been done, kept in great running condition, always new maintinence items like brakes, belts, hoses, cap/wires, etc. The engine bay is clean and theres still labels on most of the maintinence type stuff in there. 235/75/15 tires have about 1500 miles on them and still have some of the blue chalk on the letters. Has skid plates underneath from the factory, leather interior, 2.8v6 w/th700-4r tranny, american racing rims (I want to say a variant of the AR-23???), so on so forth. Pics of the truck are below and should give an idea on condition. It isnt rusted and rotted like most you'd find, although it did have repair done in front of the tires on the bottom some years before I had bought it. The undercarriage- rockers, floors, mounts, etc is as clean as any i've ever seen. Paint is older but has a nice gloss with the occasional chip here or there... the truck is 22 years old.

The only other 2 things I know of it would need is the end re-crimped on the hood release near the latch, it works but got stretched, and you can see where the wire on the hi-low headlight switch broke on the side of the stalk, those were the only two recent things I needed to get around to when the engine was damaged by AAA.

Price: asking $800 as stated in the title. Will consider offers, and some stock suburban parts in partial trade for a resto I'm doing as long as they are new or in absolutely like new condition (key word is doing a "restoration") I'll sell it for less without the rims/tires as well.

MVC-002S.jpg

MVC-001S.jpg

MVC-003S.jpg

MVC-004S.jpg

MVC-005S.jpg

2. 79silverado

79silverado Registered Member

more pics

MVC-006S.jpg

MVC-007S.jpg

MVC-008S.jpg

MVC-009S.jpg