Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1986 body lift questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kargan, May 4, 2003.

1. kargan

kargan Registered Member

Gentlemen,
    I'm considering purchasing a 1986 Blazer. Truck is in pretty good condition with a Rancho 4 inch
    suspension lift AND a three inch body lift. Both look like they were professionaly installed. How
    tough will it be to take out the three inch body lift? Truck is an automatic. Also, how do the '86s
    hold up compared to, say a '89 or '91? Any problems with the 208 transfer case or the 28 spline
    10 bolt axles? Also, any regrets regarding a non-fuel injected 5.7 engine? Keep in mind, my previous
    ride was an '86 fullsize Bronco till I cracked the frame... Thanks in advance.

Carmine

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

body lift is easy to take out. the only thing you should have to change is the shifter linkage will need slack taken out. regrets? not having FI and thats about it.

3. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I don't think there is much difference in strenght between a stock 86 and a 90 model Blazer. The major difference is the fuel injection which some people really like and others don't. I have an 86 and since I am totally clueless when it comes to computers and fuel injection I am am happy with my Q-jet which has never let me down.

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

PM me if u want to get rid of that body lift....

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

In addition to the shifter linkage, you may need to readjust the fan cowl attached to the radiator. I say this cause I had to put in a spacer when I put my body lift on. However, I could be wrong. Just ask my wife & she'll testify to that one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

your right BurbLover...i run electrics so i skipped that step.

7. BlaznRebel

BlaznRebel 1/2 ton status

mine is an 86 and i have no regrets except well not having a blazer when i was alittle younger...