Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1986 burb interior pics needed

Discussion in 'Interior - Stock & Custom' started by babyburb, Apr 25, 2007.

1. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

I'm dealing with someone through someone else that has an 86 burb for sale and not sure if the interior is what I am looking for. It is completely stock. Can someone take a few shots of all three rows. Does the rear seat bolt in or latch in. Second seat fold flat with floor board?

It is a ways away and would like to have an idea before I make the trip. The seating options are my main concern.
    Thnks for the help guys.

2. FlatBlackBurb

FlatBlackBurb 1/2 ton status

sorry i would take some shots of my '87 (which is basically the same) but i'm going back to class in a couple minutes. check out cardomain.com and check out some bone stock burbs.

all i know is there are a couple packages. there's the silverado package, custom deluxe, and cheyenne. the rear seat latches in and is pretty easy to take off. the second row seats fold flat with the back of the truck. hope that helps.

3. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

I can get you pics of my 89 in a min or two. The third seat latches in, the second seats fold flat with the rear floor. I dont have my third seat in right now, because I never use it.

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Same for 1985. With seat 3 out and seat 2 folded down, you get a 4'X8' cargo space, flat and solid. :D
    Mine has too much camp gear to see the floor right now.

5. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

I've PM someone a couple of weeks ago about an 89, I'm trying to figure out 1. what year the latch in 3rd row began instead of bolt in (mine bolts right now and sucks)
    2. what year did the second row began folding flat instead of fold and 4 to 6 inches higher than the floor panel.

I camp alot with my kids and being 6'1" the 4 to 6 inch hump in the back sucks. I also carry 7 to 8 people alot so the 3rd row comes in and out quite often. That is why I am being so picky about the interior options.
    Thanks for the help so far.

6. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

I didn't catch the last post. I guess I would be fine with the 86. Excellent work guys. You already answered my ??? without any pics.
    Thanks

7. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

'86 will work for you just fine.:D

8. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Pretty sure the bolt-in third seat went out in the late '70's, as the same seat was used in the Blazer. Maybe in '78 for the new floor in the K5?

I've never seen a Burb second row that DIDN'T fold flat, so the hump must be an early thing. You do know you gotta fold the lower seats up/forward and then bring the seatbacks down, right?

-- A

9. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

The second row seats in the 76 fold down on top of each other like fishing seats. There is a bracket holding the bottom seat to the top seat and the top seat just folds over. That is were I am getting the hump. It is the width of the seat back. The previous owner might have swapped in different seats from an unknown source. I know my front buckets were origanally a bench seat. I don't care for them either. They only come up a little over half way up my back.

10. PGW

PGW 1/2 ton status

Here is a pic from an '86 Burb that I looked at. Didn't buy it. It did have a topper, which I thought was weird.

[​IMG]

11. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status