Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1986 K5 front end help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Sep 10, 2005.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Hello,
    I was out doing some light off-roading and I hit a bump and my axle broke in 8 places and my whole steering system broke. I can live with the axle but I need to be able to steer the thing. J/K :D ;) :haha: :haha: :haha:

But anyways I am getting my K5 set for the winter (My inspection runs out in JAN ). I don't want to work on this thing in the snow :crazy: . I jacked up both of the front wheels and checked for play by shacking the hell out of the wheels. They had NO play in them. So what other stuff should I look for in the front end that could fail me? By the way where can I get a NEW kick A$$ steering box? I think/Know mine is starting to Sh!t the bed.
    Thanks
    Adam

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

I got an upgraded box and hiflow pump from PSC. You can get them through ORD too. Id splurge for a brace kit too.

Not sure about what to check. Too many things to list. Id check all fluids and look for signs of leaks. Check brake pad condition and rotors, front and rear. Check all light bulbs. Check tire pressure, condition, and wear. Check cooling system. Id change the oil and fuel filter too. Make sure wipers and the squirter works.

Im sure theres something I missed

Good luck...

3. adamforsythe

What does PSC stand for? I have seen PSC some where.
    I just went over my whole drivetrain so oils and fluids are mint. I just want to know about my front end stuff.
    Thanks
    Adam

4. adamforsythe

Never mind I know what PSC is. WOW :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
    Thanks
    Adam