Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1986 M1009 K5 Military Surplus, 350ci Gas, gotta sell it

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by thundermug, Jul 6, 2004.

1. thundermug

thundermug Newbie

I hate to sell it but I've bought another project (in Grand Junction) and need to sell my Blazer. It works great. Rust-free, 70k miles (or so), Modified it to use 12volt, dual battery, gas. The rear window mechanism is broken(actually, its missing altogether) but I rigged the window to stay closed all the time. The link below shows some pictures of it. I fixed the dent in the passenger door. first one to call me with $1,000.00 bucks gets it, and I'll bring it to Grand Junction.

I've also got it posted in the local paper so it will run in Northern Utah, Hill AFB, and a few others. It's not a street ride, the interior is pretty spartan (ie no carpet, just rubber mats) but the seats are in fabulous condition. The dash cover is pretty sun-cracked though. I personally hate the 6.2L Diesel the gov't put in these so it was the first thing to go. I've owned this one 2 years and have had a ball with it but it's time for me to get rid of a few cars (anyone want a 1988 custom van, seats 9, semi-circle couch-seat in the back for 1000 bucks?) to make room for the new project and my boat.
    The motor has about 80k on it. I recently put a new set of bearings in the bottom end (because I had the motor out and it seemed like a good idea). Its got an RV cam, 4bbl carb, high volume oil pump TH400 tranny, all in great shape.

Thanks for looking.

http://www.powerconnect.com/matt/blazer.html

call me with questions.
    Daytime 801.586.5311
    all other times. 801.643.1329
    Matt.Montgomery@PowerConnect.com

-Matthew

2. thundermug

thundermug Newbie

What..am I too high? I gotta make room on the driveway.

3. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Interested in selling the seats?

4. thundermug

thundermug Newbie

No, then my driveway would still be full of Blazer, just with no seats. I have a very interested buyer, so if anyone wants it...come quick. My goal is to get it out of my drive...
    If you want to pay gas milage on it, I can drive it as long as I can leave and be back from thursday night to sunday night. Figure miles from my zip to your zip (my zip is 84403) and my tower gets about 20mpg. Meeting me halfway is always nice.

5. thundermug

thundermug Newbie

6. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

I'm in junction...what did you find here in town that i don't know about?

DW

7. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm in junction...what did you find here in town that i don't know about?

DW

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    don't you hate it when someone finds "your" project

8. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

No sh--! Especially if it is that hard to find 76 K30 for $300 bones or you haul away...lol.

DW