Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1986 roadside fix

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TPI86, Jan 31, 2001.

1. TPI86

TPI86 1/2 ton status

Mar 25, 2000
    Short story[​IMG]
    The other night I was driving home and my truck shut down completely. Quit running and lights went out, I coasted to a stop. I was unable to restart the beast becuse I had no power to the interior/ignition. On the roadside I found that my fusable link wire located on the junction block/Firewall had broken apart. I managed to get a small piece of wire and attach it back to the block and this worked fine to get power back to the vehicle. I still had a problem, my power door locks continued to lock about every 10 seconds. I later found, after removing the gas pedal and removing the power door lock relay that one of the contacts in the relay was fused together causing the doors to lock. The deakler item fixed the problem for approx. $29.00. Has anyone else experianced this problem before?