Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1987 K5 For Sale - New Info, Price Reduced

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by kim tate, Jan 5, 2005.

1. kim tate

kim tate 1/2 ton status

Here's the story. I bought this Blazer four years ago when my son was 12. He and I worked on it over the last four years at a leisure pace. He was 16 years old this past August and I gave him the keys. Less than four months later, he made a typical teenage mistake and took his eyes off the road to pick up a CD he dropped. He turned the wheel and hit a telephone poll.

Today I had the truck inspected by the owner of a local body shop. His opinion is the front frame horns can be straightened without difficulty and quoted a price of $600. He's allowing as much as 10 hours of work. The Blazer will also need a left front fender (inner and outer skin), hood, radiator support and grill.

My wife wants me to put my son in a truck with dual airbags so this Blazer will not stay at the house. My original post two weeks ago was for $2200 OBO. The body shop owner thought the truck was worth $1500 as is (to a Blazer fanatic of course). I offer it for sale or trade for $1000. Plenty of photos (all taken since the accident) at : http://community.webshots.com/album/240772473xpZvkA

I'm located about 30 miles NNE of New Orleans close to I-10 at I-59, Slidell, LA.

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'd be all over that if I was closer. That was one clean K5. I know you don't want to hear this but if you've got time you could part it out and make prob almost 2-3 times what your asking.

3. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Agree with last post!! If you are interested there are several parts I need from you. Let me know..

4. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

sent you a pm :D

5. kim tate

kim tate 1/2 ton status

Amendment

My fault, I thought I mentioned the transfer case in my original message that posted on 12/27/04. The T case is cracked. It is the aluminum NP208 model. I would assume someone could remove the gears and place them in a good case. I've done it with a Harley 4 sp trans before, but I won't be trying to get this unit off the operating table. One more thing, the right spindle looks out of line too.

The radiator was not damaged, a small nick in the AC condensor fins but no damage to the tubes (the AC was blowing cold prior to accident), and the transmission cooler survived. The SM465 transmission and 350 four bolt appear undamaged. New brake and clutch master cyl and clutch slave installed two weeks before accident. New clutch, pilot bearing, has less than 10,00 miles. New calipers, wheel cyls, shoes, pads - all the things to make a truck safe and dependable, to include a $60 hose from clutch MC to slave!

I'll consider parting this truck out in about a week or so. Not sure if I'll have the time. I'm currently painting my house, refinishing floors, remodeling the master bed and bath, installing 7 1/2 inch crown throughout the house, and more!

Anybody have a 6 inch Vermeer chipper to trade!!?? Plasma cutter, Scag ZTR, Rokon, ............?