Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1987 K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cipioxx, Oct 2, 2006.

1. cipioxx

cipioxx Newbie

I was going to sell this, but I played around in it this weekend and I can't get rid of it. This thing was my daily driver for over a year

87 K5
    350, 700R4, np208
    I am getting a new set of MileMarker manual locking hubs since I made a really dumb mistake on the drivers side when I installed them... The truck is a little rough, but I still love it. Let me know what you guys think.

Pics: http://[B]68.81.168.36[/B]

2. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

pics dont work

3. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

type in 68.81.168.36 in your addess bar and you will see them.

4. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Here if you are lazyhttp://68.81.168.36 That makes my 87 K5 look like the 87 pu at Chevy Duty.

[​IMG]

So why not keep her and just clean her up, put a little money and paint in her and drive it? :D

5. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

the interior looks pretty nice but it seems you have got a LOT of work ahead of you. IMO its a little dirty. body is straight and loos pretty good on rust. you gotta take care of that motor but overall keep it.

6. cipioxx

cipioxx Newbie

thanks...

I haven't washed it, but I did have to replace the passenger side fender last year. It is in black primer and keeping the truck dirty makes it all match(ha ha). I am going to get a Maaco paint job one of these days. The drivers side inner fenderwell is all rusted out with some major holes, and I may try to get that replaced in the next week or so. The mounts for the bed are shot also. How much does something like that usually cost to get repaired? The 2 bolts in the back are not attached to anything except rust. I wish I could do it myself, but I don't have the know-how to even begin to try. thanks again.