Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1988-1991 K5 TBI 350, 5spd, no Rust, mostly Stock... How Much???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 350350, Aug 2, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

If luck smiles on me in the next 30 days, I may be able to buy a truck like the one in the title. It HAS to match...

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif 5 Speed.

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif TBI 350

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif 1988-1991 model years, mostly for the TBI.

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif Has to have A/C and COLD A/C.

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif Mostly stock, meaning no suspension stuff unless it's done very well, no hack jobs. This one will be mostly a 4x4 car for hauling the kids around in the winter and when the other vehicles are down...

So other than that, it can be just about any color inside or out, and have any size tires, any amount of miles, any axles, and I'll just assume it will need to have the rear changed to a 12-bolt within a week of me owning it.

So what will this cost me if I want something decent-looking to drive???

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

well i got my 88jimmy auto with a 350, stock everthing, rusted floors, shitty paint, rust on some spots and no stereo for $1000 dunno if that helps, /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif id say you could get one for $2000 if your lucky, otherwise prolly more...just my 2 cents /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif good luck /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Not sure how much this helps, but you couldn't get a 5 speed in any K5 in any year. It was never offered.

The 92-up Tahoe or Yukon might have been available with a 5 speed, but if so it was not common at all.

Rene

4. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Not sure how much this helps, but you couldn't get a 5 speed in any K5 in any year. It was never offered.

The 92-up Tahoe or Yukon might have been available with a 5 speed, but if so it was not common at all.

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bummer... Since it's going to be a '4x4 Car' anyway, I wonder what '92 and up Tahoe prices are like. Probably out of my price range. I don't want to spend more than a few grand. That's what I love about K5's... Cheap and plentiful!!!

I guess I should ask this then... How plentiful are the manual equipped K5's compared to the automatics?

K5 GOOD.

Payments BAD.

5. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    well i got my 88jimmy auto with a 350, stock everthing, rusted floors, shitty paint, rust on some spots and no stereo for $1000 dunno if that helps, /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif id say you could get one for $2000 if your lucky, otherwise prolly more...just my 2 cents /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif good luck /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did your Jimmy have a 700R4 from the factory, and does it still have a 700R4 or does it have a TH350???

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd guess the ratio of manual tranny K5's to auto versions was probably about 1 in 20 or less. Maybe a lot less...

It took me a while to find one with a 4 speed that I liked when I was looking.

No rust might be harder to find depending on where you are...unless you are looking in the south.

Rene

7. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Finding a manual rig in those years is kinda slim.
    Unless ya look into the Forestry rigs and such.
    Usualy plain jane no frills and an ugly green. Good base for a camo scheme. And they have usualy been drove pretty hard.
    Best bet would be to get a rig that ya like that has a good engine and axles and then do a tranny/tcase swap if you are set on a manual.
    That will add to the overall cost of the rig, plus time and effort.
    I would pick up the local 8K and under truck trader, it always has stock rigs in good shape for sale.

8. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did your Jimmy have a 700R4 from the factory, and does it still have a 700R4 or does it have a TH350???

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure i still have the 700R4 i forget what the guys said when i bought it, how can i check?

9. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i dont think a 12 bolt is any stronger than a 10 bolt.
    especially if your just using the truck to run kids around in the winter.

manuals are pretty rare like others have said, especially in those years. trying to find one with cold AC might be difficult too. mine still works, but its not exactly ice cold.

10. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Picket up my 90, with an auto, no rust, cold air 350 tbi for 2500. It was a down south truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif