Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1988 5.7 EGR Vacuum Lines

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Irish Wake, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Irish Wake

Irish Wake Registered Member

Hi, I just bought an '87 K5 Blazer 5.7. It passed the smog test but it's missing the vacuum line off the EGR valve and also the lines that attach below the air cleaner snorkle. There's a selonoid there with 2 vacuum ports but no lines.

Can anyone help me figure out why they might be missing and how to replace them. The truck runs great and passed the smog test with no problems.

Also, the check engine light come on once in a while and resets as soon as you cycle the key.

Thanks
    Randy

2. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

the solenoid you are refering to is probably the egr solenoid, that goes to the egr and one to the tbi.

3. Irish Wake

Irish Wake Registered Member

Thanks Jason, Do you know of a diagram that shows where the hose hooks into the TBI. Should I reattach or leave it alone?

4. SLOK5

SLOK5 1/2 ton status

I could fax you a print out of the diagram from my all data program....it wont allow me to save it as a picture and no scanner here at work. Otherwise it would be tomorrow for me to help. Brian

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Should hook to any constant vacuum source, as the solenoid (via an ECM signal) is what controls what/when vacuum actually gets to the EGR valve.