Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1988 Blazer and 1989 GMC Jimmy FS

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by Riktar, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Riktar

Riktar Registered Member

I have a need to unload both of these vehicles due to lack of time and money. Here is what they are:

1988 Chevy fullsize blazer - This thing looks a little rough. It doesn't have any holes showing from the outside but needs floorpan/rocker repair. The engine is a 350ci that has dropped an oil ring on one of the cylinders. Runs but I wouldn't plan any long trips with it. I am using this as local transportation right now. Has manual hubs. drivetrain is functional. I believe the gears are 3.05. The tires on the back are VERY good 31.50x10x15 and the fronts are about half gone. Rims are the aluminum factory type. I have the centers for them but never got around to putting them on.

1989 GMC Jimmy. This thing has got a rotten body complete with "hole" accents throughout. The floor is about the same. It had a crude repair job done to the drivers floor. The steering column has come completely loose. Driving this thing is NOT an option unless I tear into the column to repair whatever let loose. The engine is a 350 ci that runs quite well. Hell, even the AC works in this stupid thing. Has auto hubs on the front. The gearing is 3.42 but the rear end is making a thrumming noise due to a bad pinion gear on the rear differential. It's a long story about how some sellers will not be completely honest. It does have the lighted vanity mirrors on both sides.

In addition to the whole vehicles I have a replacement 12 bolt rear end with 3.42 gears, a 3.08 10 bolt rear end that I can't remember why I bought it and a rear tailgate that is in nice shape, complete with glass and little to no rust.

Both vehicles have power windows that work slowly. No surprise there. I have clear titles for both vehicles.

Basically what you have hear is a collection of parts that could be driven (Well one vehilce anyway) to your location for adding to your parts collection or for selling off. I just don't have the time for it.

Of course now comes the part where I ask for money. I would like to get $300 for the whole mess. But hey let's talk and see what we come up with. Insanely high offers are welcome since the misses has just started back to work and we are still trying to recover from old medical bills.

If pictures would help to better get an idea of what your getting I will run some off and post back. Or maybe you just want a good laugh. Either way I will guage interest by checking for replies. PM or email me for further info.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2006
  2. Riktar

Riktar Registered Member

Annual bump.:D

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

lol annual bump lol
    If you were closer I would take it all quick. Surely within the last year someone needs these.

4. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

damn, what a deal. i wish you were closer. i need the engine for sure.

5. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I would like to see pics of both the '88 and '89. Possible?? Send 'em here or to rufneck53 @ hotmail dot com. Thanks.

6. Riktar

Riktar Registered Member

I'll dig out the pictures I have and try to get them up later today.

7. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Thanks, man. Look forward to seeing the two rigs (lots 'o detailed pics!!!)

8. callmewaylon

callmewaylon Registered Member

9. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Where is Neosho in relation to Madison or Milwaukee? I want to see these trucks, I may take them both from you. Oh yeah, pictures would be nice... dragonriot at gmail dot com

Dude... you are like less than an hour from me... Send me pics... If they look halfway decent, I may pick up the trucks this weekend...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  10. callmewaylon

callmewaylon Registered Member

Are these trucks still for sale?? I never saw the picks yet.

11. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

dude... you can't have them... I want them... =) lol

12. Riktar

Riktar Registered Member

Here are the pics

Here you all go. Let me STRESS that the pictures make these things look better than they are. If you can believe that. :haha::crazy:

88a.jpg

88b.jpg

88c.jpg

89a.jpg

89c.jpg