Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

?1988 Blazer engine gen?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakt, Jun 28, 2005.

1. jakt

jakt Registered Member

The 350 in the 1988 blazer is known as which generation of 350? Didnt they use a hopped up version in the camaros of that time period? Am i being too vague? Any help would be appreciated.
    Dan

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

It would be a Gen1.

Save for some "minor" physical differences, the cooling, firing order, bore, stroke, exterior dimensions etc., are the same as all other 350's before it.

The Camaro was available Carbed, TBI, and TPI all in the same year(s). The 350's I'm not sure about "hopped up", but the L98 TPI motor was the highest rated engine of the small blocks in that time frame, and only available in the Camaro/Firebird and Corvette. The Corvette had higher compression than the f-bodies, I'm sure different cam as well.

A truck engine typically has less compression and a torquey cam, so a car engine could be considered more hopped up to some. The truck 305 was high compression in the 80's (9.2:1) while the 305 in cars had at least two variants, one standard and one HO. Still, higher end HP was the goal wth the car engines, opposite of low end torque truck motors.