Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1988 Chevrolet Suburban

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by terrier72, Dec 16, 2005.

1. terrier72

terrier72 1/2 ton status

I was looking at maybe purchasing a suburban with a 6.2 in it. It has around 100,000 miles on it. How much would be a reasonable price for a bone stock one like this, i dont want to be taken. And also im not that familiar with diesel engines, is there any thing that i should be looking or listening for that would help me to decide to purchase or not purchase it. I know i am being a little vague in my description here, but any comments would greatly be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Propayne

Propayne Registered Member

100,000 miles on the engine itself is really low for that old of a diesel. diesals last for 200,000 to almost 300,000 as it seems.
    has it been serviced regularly and properly? if all is good, then 4k-5k sounds like a good price

what condition is the body in? rust? is the frame and metal straight?

drivetrain? etc....if you give more examples of the condition the k5ers will be able to help you out.

hope this helps some

3. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

2wd or 4wd?
    1/2 ton or 3/4?

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

That vintage sub around here is probably $2500 now. A pretty nice one just sold here for $1500. That's assuming 1/2T 4wd in decent shape. In your area, who knows. Here they're really popular, there are tons of subs around.