Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1988 full-size Jimmy 6.2l diesel Banks turbo, Colorado

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by linksvu, Sep 24, 2006.

1. linksvu

linksvu Registered Member

1988 full-size 6.2l diesel Jimmy, red/gray ext. with red int., 146k, to many things replace on it, Banks package, power everything, 3” exhaust, re-painted, well taken-care-of truck.

We are the third owner. Not sure when the 1st owner put on the Banks package, but it was either when he bought it new or shortly afterwards (not sure when Banks offered it as a dealer package because I am pretty sure it was just before that). Tranny rebuilt, head rebuilt, exhaust done, belts, a/c work, all fluids, Optima batteries, and many more. It was in eastern Oregon it whole life until I brought it out to Denver, Colorado. Pump was adjusted for altitude and passed emission with ease. Top has never been off, had it running boards on its whole life, and no wheeling as far as I know. 3.73 running gear is great, I love that. Always 17-20 mpg (probably more if you are real easy) and I believe it is quicker than a stock 350 as well; it is so fun to drive.

We have three truck and I have to keep the pick-up for work but cannot pay insurance/gas on all three (wife will not part with her Suburban) so this one has to go. Garaged most of its life (not sure on 1st owner, but myself and P.O. did). Repainted with factory colors and looks great. Shine well but there are a couple small areas that show some age, not a big deal since it is almost 20 years old. Records of everything on, so it is a thick file. I will get the windshield replaced before it is sold and have the windshield washer fluid pump looked at since it has stopped working.

We are asking $5,000 because of its shape, on well it runs, and everything that has gone into it. I think that is a good deal since it gets such good mileage, looks great, and will run for a long time. Please contact with questions…

PS. I will have pictures here soon but I wanted to try you guys before I put it in the local paper.

2. linksvu

Sorry guys, it was having issues and I did not know it was posting everytime I retyped it....

3. linksvu

Sorry guys, it was having issues and I did not know it was posting everytime I retyped it....

4. linksvu

There it is again....

5. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

pics?

6. linksvu

Dang I suck... I want to wash it tonight, so they will be on this evening!! Get excited!

7. linksvu

I have more so place PM if you would like some of them. Hope this helps. It really is a great truck and it cleans up so nicely.

IMG_1475.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

8. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Wow, this is a great deal for somebody...good luck.

9. linksvu

Here is most of the list of replaced/new parts:

Shocks - Procomp
    rebuilt tranny
    u-joints
    glow plugs with relay
    all fluids including gears
    3" exhaust
    starter
    alternator
    2 Optima batteries