Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1988 K5 - $5000

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by blackoaktree, Oct 8, 2005.

1. blackoaktree

blackoaktree Registered Member

1988 K5 Chevy Blazer - $5000
    383 Stroker Motor with 4 bolt main 10,000 miles +/-
    700R4 transmission It currently has about 5 miles on it and 3 year/30,000 mile warranty.
    The transfer case is a NP 208, but I'll include a working 205 t-case for the buyer.
    Custom rear drive shaft built with a CV joint
    The rear axle is a 14 bolt
    The front axle is a Dana 44 (heavy duty version).
    The axles have lockers and 4.10 gears
    Warn premium locks on the hubs.
    Cross over steering and AGR rock ram set up
    35" tires BFG AT/KO's with about 50% wear
    Six inch all spring Superlift Suspension kit
    Hard top with tinted, sliding side windows, and a Yakima bike rack on the roof.
    Full roll cage.
    Bottom half of body and the interior is Herculined.
    The whole thing was painted with a flat black enamel paint

The truck has power locks and power windows. The power window on the passenger side doesn't work, but I think it's a bad switch or a loose wire. It worked before I painted, so I think I just missed something. Included is a Tuffy locking center console with Pioneer stereo and Cobra CB, Sony Xplode 4 way speakers that are intended to be mounted in the doors.

Also included is a Highlift jack, full sized spare tire, and locking tool box.

Mileage is 160,300 +/-. It just sits in my garage, but I'm still doing stuff to it, so I might take it around the block a few times.

I do not have the time, license plates, or insurance to take this to get it emmissioned. It has always passed before, but this is still an "as-is" deal. The title is free and clear, this is not a salvage vehicle or anything. I just can't get insurance on this thing for financial reasons. Part of this is a problem with a lead foot... :doah:

I'm selling this because I don't use it anymore, and just want room in my garage for different toys. If you have a sport bike you don't want anymore, I'd consider some type of full or parital trade.

Regarding test drives, only if this is needed to "seal the deal", and only if this is driveable. Like I mentioned, I am still doing work to this thing, because I'm bored and want this thing to be mechanically perfect. With that in mind, I may need to put stuff back together to make it drivable.

The front windshield is cracked but this is something I will probably work on.

Contact me by phone, e-mail, or this site. I'm generally available every evening after six and all day on weekends.

Thanks for reading this long ad.
    Josh
    720-366-5728
    blackoaktree@comcast.net

PA089289.JPG

PA089281.JPG

PA089273.JPG

PA089293.JPG

PA089290.JPG