Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1988 K5 8" Lift, 36" Swampers, 4:56, Detroit-$5,500

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by Troopie's Tonka, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Troopie's Tonka

Troopie's Tonka 1/2 ton status

1988 K5 8\" Lift, 36\" Swampers, 4:56, Detroit-$5,500

It is time to sell my toy. Summer is coming and I want a motorcycle. A lot of work has been put into this blazer, and it is very strong! It wasn't driven at all from Jan 03 to October 03 because I was deployed to SWA. I came home, turned it on and drove it...SWEET!! There isn't much that can stop this beast, mud, hills, trails, or rocks.
    This thing is ready for anything. Like many of the blazers that fellow CK5ers have on here, this one is a real head turner. Cruising the strip, the mall, whatever you are into, you are definately going to get some attention. If you are married or have a girlfriend, be careful, because some of these southern girls around here will just run up to your truck and jump in with you!!! This truck is built to be tough, but mostly I just drove around town with it, took it in the mud a few times, some mild trails, and towed rebelk5frk home a few times when he broke his K5!!HAHA. Here's what I got:
    1988 Chevy Blazer K5 Silverado- Black 144K miles
    350 TBI
    700r4
    NP 208
    Power Locks
    Power windows
    Hedman Headers
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    8" Superlift Suspension Lift
    36" Super Swamper TSL's mounted on 15x10 Mickey Thompson Alcoas (with fullsize brand new spare)
    Front axle: dana 44 with 4:56 Genuine gears, Lockrite locker
    Rear axle: GM 12 Bolt with 4:56 Genuine gears, Detroit Locker
    Heavy duty truss on rear axle for reinforcement and extra strength
    Heavy duty front and rear diff covers
    1" Ord Add-a-leaf (no blazer saggy butt)
    2" rear wheel spacers (to make them as wide as the front)
    Warn Premium Hubs
    Pro Comp shocks
    Coors Light T-case shifter (hehe)
    Cool Stickers on the windows (including yellow coloradok5.com sticker)
    Black and Yellow seat covers
    Black and Yellow front floor mats
    Sunpro Tach
    Alpine CD Player with 2 Fosgate 6x9's
    Custom Crossover steering (2wd steering box)
    Interior black carpet in fair condition
    Custom made interior panels
    Tow Hitch
    Spare dana 44 axle shaft, inner and outer (driver side)
    Problems:
    New A/C compressor but there is a leak in the thingy (i don't know what it's called), needs A/C belt (took it off for horsepower!)
    No cruise control
    Driver side door won't unlock with key (have to unlock passenger door then use the power lock to unlock)
    Tailgate won't unlock with key, have to open it from the inside

Never wrecked, truly BAD A$$!!! Powerful, this K-5 can't be stopped.

$6,000
    Email me at s.freeland@netzero.com if interested or for more information or pictures.
    It is going in the local trader next week. I may accept reasonable offers before then.

I can't figure out how to add a picture, so here's a link for 5 pictures:
    http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrhemi2004/album?.dir=/Tonka&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/mrhemi2004

2. Troopie's Tonka

Re: 1988 K-5- 8\" Lift, 36\" Swampers, 4:56, Detroit/Lockrite $7300 (SC)

Tonka is going in the online ads Monday, and in the papers Thursday. I know this thing will go quick, but I'd rather sell it to a CK5 member! Shoot me an offer, don't worry, you can't hurt my feelings. What's the worse that will happen? I'll say you're crazy? Haha, it's all good.
    Later

3. Troopie's Tonka

Ok guys, and gals, any feedback on the price? Too High? Too Low? I have almost $10K tied up in it in the 2 years that I have owned it, so I think 7300 is a fair starting point. I'm just getting really trigger happy on buying a bike, so I'm impatient right now...I mean, I paid $100 bucks to have it put in 2 auto traders with a picture, and it hasn't even gone in yet, maybe I should just calm down a bit and wait for all the local people to see it....I WANT A BIKE NOW!!! and don't want to wait for my IRS money hehe.
    $100 finders fee if you find one of your non-CK5 buddies to buy it, and yes, that means that you get a $100 discount if YOU buy it....that means $7,200 for CK5 members....OBO of course.

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

My thoughts /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif The D44 and 12 bolt aren't a big selling point. If you look at K5DRAGER's 91 for sale His is like an ultimate trail rig with 1 ton axles and 39.5" tires and he can't get rid of his for $7000

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Keep the truck and go buy a bike. Payments probably only $200-250mo

6. Troopie's Tonka

Thanks man, and yeah, I know I don't have 1 ton's, which probably means a lot to the guys around here, cuz you all know your stuff, inside, and out. But, I'm sure, hopefully, some rich kids rednecks dad will wanna make his 16 year old boy happy, and give him a really cool summer toy, that's what I'm hoping anyway. I mean, not to say that locals are stupid, sure, we gotta lot of mechanically whatevered people around, but like me for instance, If I were kinda loaded, had some money in the bank, and was getting my tax return, I would buy my truck, and I'm just a normal guy, not too mechanically smart, and pretty dumb. Of course, I'd only offer 6300, but I'd prolly buy it for 6800. Hell, I bought it for almost 5K 2 years ago, without axle upgrades, with 10 bolts, 2.73's, 35 inch worn to hell AT, and it didn't have the cool yellow and black that i have..haha. oh, and no lockers, nuthin...so i'm convinced that it's well worth what I want out of it, unless you are a CK5 guy I guess /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Cuz most CK5 guys know how and where to get stuff cheap, how to work on and install your own stuff, something I never learned /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. Troopie's Tonka

Oh yeah, "keep the truck and buy a bike, payments are only..." haha, well, i just bought an 04 dodge ram QC hemi in october, so another car payment really isn't an option...but, I do have an UPDATE!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    I found a bike, my state tax return, and my G.I. Bill hit my bank at midnite!!!! woohoo!!! Tomorrow I am going to pick up an 02 CBR600F4i!!! it's actually for my wife, cuz I want a 954RR, but I'll have to wait till I sell the truck for that one..anyway, I'm gettin a bike, for my wife, but I can play with it too, so selling the truck ain't such a rush now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    .....but...it's still for sale

8. Troopie's Tonka

By the way,
    I didn't get the F4, I bought a 2002 GSXR600 yesterday, but it is going to be for the wife. I can't by my bike (954RR) until I sell the truck. So someone needs to buy it!

9. Troopie's Tonka

As the title says, the price is reduced to $6500. That is a steal. This truck needs nothing! Turn it on and go. My bro-in-law said I could prolly sell it quicker if I drop the price a bit. He also said that the engine has been rebuilt since it drives so damn strong!! But I don't know for sure. Someone is coming to look at it tomorrow, so we'll see if I still have it after that.
    s.freeland@netzero.com if you are interested /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

you have parts on this tuck im interested in,if you decide to part it out for any strange reason let me know......jake

11. Troopie's Tonka

that will probably never happen, i don't really have the resources, or the yard to put the blazer up on blocks for 2 winters. However, I have miscellaneous parts laying around:
    spare dana 44 axle shaft, driver side, inner and outer
    spare 12 bolt rear axle shaft
    I think that's it, if I don't sell it soon, I'll prolly advertise the spare 36" Brand New swamper mounted on micky thompson alcoa

12. Troopie's Tonka

any offers? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. Troopie's Tonka

Ok, here it is...not a penny less than $6000!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

14. Troopie's Tonka

Re: Price Reduced*1988 K5 8\" Lift, 36\" Swampers, 4:56, Detroit/Lockrite $6000!

ttt

15. Troopie's Tonka

Re: Price Reduced*1988 K5 8\" Lift, 36\" Swampers, 4:56, Detroit/Lockrite $6000!

i'm cuttin in line /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Troopie's Tonka

Re: Price Reduced*1988 K5 8\" Lift, 36\" Swampers, 4:56, Detroit/Lockrite $1 OBO!

now accepting offers. email me at s.freeland@netzero.com to make offer

17. blaznjon

blaznjon 1/2 ton status

Re: Price Reduced*1988 K5 8\" Lift, 36\" Swampers, 4:56, Detroit/Lockrite $1 OBO!

$1 That`s a joke right?I`ll give you $5.00 I`l take it.I never win the lottery either.JB

18. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

i sent $500 and NO DICE!

brett

19. Troopie's Tonka

haha, yeah, it's a joke. basically i am accepting almost anything...but, nothing too crazy...let's start the bidding at $5K

20. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Bump for ya...

It's a shame, you spend $$$ and /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif on your rig, and only those of us who have done the same can appreciate what it's worth.

Unfortunately, we already have one of our own... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif