Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1988 Ram 250 good parts truck/deal???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Dec 26, 2001.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I found a 1988 Dodge 250 3/4T pickup in my neighbourhood for sale... It has a 360 V-8, a 5-spd manual... I need help Ding the axles...I think the front is a Dana 60...It has 10 diff cover bolts, and on the lower right side of the cover it sayes "60 F" and on the left side is the number "C37285"...What do these numbers mean...It also has "Dualmatic" hubs...whatever the hell those are..is that a problem? The rear axle looks to be the same but I couldn't find any casting numbers (but then again I didn't want to get on the ground in my good "morning- after-christmas-bruch clothes [​IMG]) Both look like full floaters though (the hub pokes thru the center of the wheel). So what do you guys think...? Any ideas where I can find info on this truck, things such as t-case, tranny and such? Thanks for you input....

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

2. fortcollinsram

ANYBODY?

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

That should be a D60 front (based on the 60F) but the hubs are junk, or so I am told. The back should be a D70 I think. At least it was on the diesels. To bad it's not a turbo diesel. You could swap in the diesel and 5 speed for a sweet drive train. I don't know that much about the old dodges but I think that front is usable on a GM (pads are about 3/4" off IIRC).

That's about all I know (or think I know). I'm sure others know more.

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

4. fortcollinsram

COOL, keep the info rollin' in [​IMG] How much would it cost to have the spring pads moved on the axle? Thanks gang

Chris

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Send Michael a pm (77chev) he swapped in a dodge D60 front under his Chevy...

Russ, wouldn't the 3/4 ton dodge have had a D60 rear? I don't know that much about them but a D70 sounds like one ton territory.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

6. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

my 70 is from a diesel 3/4 ton 1990-91

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, the 3/4 ton diesels have D70, 1 ton diesels got a D80 I think, don't know about the gassers. Other than that @#$ D61 garbage, I gotta say that at least Dodge does better than GM on the axles. I mean, who had their head up their but when the D44/C10 was used as the front for 3/4 tons (even HD). As far as moving the perches, it's not hard on the driver's side. Only problem is that the passenger side perch is cast into the diff housing so it can't be moved without retubing or making some sort of an offset plate (not recommended) or machining.

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by BadDog on 12/26/01 07:32 PM.</FONT></P>

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Cool, thanks for the info...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>