Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1989 2wd Burb 3/4 ton 454 $1950 FIRM

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by wicked6, Jul 12, 2006.

1. wicked6

wicked6 Registered Member

The good:

Dropped the price $600... If it doesn't sell, it stays!! well.. until the bills hit.! ;)

3/4 ton, 2WD, Auto, 454 runs good - no smoke. Power everything! Interior is in good shape, has some wood conversion kit installed - looks like an aftermarket dealer installed option. POWER drivers seat, no rips in the other seats, has 3rd row, rear A/C, new water pump, recent battery/shocks, 120k total miles. Rust free CA truck. Clear title. This thing drives NICE.

The bad:

Left fender / left door / left Rear 1/4 dented. Driver's wing window busted, and the column is busted for "easy access" to the ignition. (Truck was stolen at one time from the previous owner.) He didn't have the resources to fix it, but I guess I do.. A/C needs a recharge.

The WHY:
    Gotta unload some projects.. I bought this from a neighbor recently - I intended to fix it, paint it, and drive it until I came across another Cummins 6BT to repower it..

$1950 FIRM.. Truck is located in northern New Mexico. Truck will drive anywhere..! I wouldn't park it in an unsecured area without some proactive immobilization, though.. Cannot deliver - gotta stay close to home in case Mama goes into labor!!! If you are close, I will consider it.. (less than 1 hour) Email for more pics, or with questions.

Pricing details I came across:
    KBB is $2500 for "fair" condition (Definitely), $3600 for "good" condition (with sheetmetal repair & paint, for sure.)..

I can source the column, rust free door, and fender from a local junkyard if the potential buyer wants - not included in the price though..

3rdRowSmall.JPG

Front LeftSmall.JPG

Busted Column Small.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

RearRightSmall.JPG

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  2. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

sorry to be off topic but is that a metal collumn or the hard plastic?

3. wicked6

It's metal, but a "potted", die cast metal, kinda soft.. I think columns are interchangable for several years *back*, ie. 82-89 on Suburbans (maybe even later than 89, as this appears to be similar to the early 90's steering columns as well..)

4. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

thanks a bunch for the reply =)

5. wicked6

Ttt

Mo pics:

DriverSeatSmall.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG