Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1989 3/4 ton K5 6inch lift 35 BF GOOD*MORE PICS ADDED*

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by letsrollusaf, May 13, 2006.

1. letsrollusaf

letsrollusaf Registered Member

Miltary orders, need to sell. Located in Missouri.Just got done installing 3/4 ton 14 bolt rearend and the 3/4 ton frontend in when I got the orders so there are other little fixes that need to be done, but the brunt of the work is done. Here's everything I know and I will absolutely answer any questions you have about the truck.
    -6 inch Superlift
    -35 inch BF Goodrich All Terrains T/A's on 15x10 8 lug wheels
    -recently installed 3/4 ton 14 bolt rear and 3/4 ton front, with 8 lugs. Drums in rear with brand new shoes and all new hardware. Disc in front that need to be adjusted not sure if the calipers from the previous 10 bolt axle are too small.( this was one of the fixes that need to be done)
    -Aferburner Headers (NO EXHAUST, Straight headers)
    -Autometer 5inch 10000RPM Tach, with shift light and memory read.

Now for the fixes that it needs:
    -Definately needs exhaust
    -Parking Brakes in the rear need connection
    -Calipers in front either need replacement or adjustment
    -Needs either a drop pitman arm, or angled drag link to fix the steering.
    Asking for a CASH offer or anyother means of payment!

This should do for now, more questions are welcome. Thanks guys.

DSCN0141small.jpg

DSCN0142small.jpg

DSCN0143small.jpg

DSCN0147small.jpg

DSCN0151small.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  2. blank

blank Registered Member

how much

engine,tranny,transfer case,info

any other issues?

can it be driven or does it require trailering

3. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

curious on the price as well.

4. letsrollusaf

The truck is all stock for the 89 year obviously except for some things.... but as far as the TC its a NP241 and its got the TH700R4...its got the 350 5.7 liter fuel injected. Its got about 152,000 miles on it. The truck would have been in better driving condition other than the fact that i just put the upgrade of 14 bolt 8 lug axles under her. Like i said with that need some adjustments that MAY make her undriveable at the moment, but little fixes will make her driveable. I can drive her around base very gingerly but highway i wouldn't chance. The only thing keeping it from doing that, is the steering, and the only issue is the drag link being at an awkward angle. I had the raised steering arm from the 10 bolt axle that i took out but i couldn't get the steering arm off the 14 bolt i put in it off (dang thing wouldn't come off). So basically all the steering issues would be solved with a drop pitman arm, a special angled drag link, or someone with enough cahonies to sledge hammer the old steering arm off the 14 bolt. If you wanted to go that route i can give you the raised steering arm that came with the superlift. The other issue was the disc brakes in the front, they seem to be to small I need to get under there and look at them again to be sure but they came off the 10 bolt frontend and i just slid them on (actually forced) the 14 bolt. It needs exhaust because right now its running straight headers (Afterburner headers). And the parking brakes in the rear need installation. I'd say for a long trip a trailer would be neccesary. Little adjustments and ONE part would make it driveable. As far as the price I'm not sure how much its worth and don't want to throw a numner out thats ridiculous. I payed 5 grand for it. Honestly i'm entertaining ANY offers and won't turn my nose up against anything reasonable, i really need to get this off my hands. So i'd like to see an offer.It has a custom headboard with a leather chevy symbol sowed in, very cool. I'll put more pictures if yall want.

5. blank

blank Registered Member

I would post more pictures that always helps sell a vehicle. I just bought my second K5 but I will pass your on to others.

6. letsrollusaf

More Pics Added!!!

I had to put the headboard and axle pictures in, just got the axles in this last week, so like I said, some tweaking is in order (brake lines need better routing) etc...

DSCN0146small.jpg

DSCN0145small.jpg

DSCN0149small.jpg

7. letsrollusaf

Are there no offers or interests?? I got the steering completed today, put a new drop-drag link in from Skyjacker. Its awesome handling now......I'm looking for about $3200 but am very willing to negotiate. I've got military orders and need to take care of this truck.