Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1989 Fullsize interior

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jay Bird, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Jay Bird

Jay Bird Registered Member

I'm in the process of replacing the carpet in my blazer. Need advice on what to use (carpet,viynl,spray in) and where is the best place to puchase.
    Thanks!

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

It depends on what you want to use the truck for. If youre gonna use it as a trail truck, you might think about putting some coating on it to make it easier to clean and to lessen any water damage. If you want to keep the stock DD feel, keep the carpet.

For new carpet, I would look at LMC.

http://www.lmctruck.com/

Otherwise, cruise the junkyards...

3. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

try Fryer's Upholstery phone #1-360-652-4794. I can't find the web site though, thought i had it saved. They were good to deal with.

4. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

when I had mine done, the upholstry guy used boat carpet, he said it withstands the elements better and will last longer

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I did my carpet front, rear, doors, and side panels just before Christmas...original color is Blue...I got several samples from different places and compared prices, etc....I went with www.stockinteriors.com the Lapis Blue matched my interior better than original...very good fit and finish..good folks to deal with...they did what they said they would do when they said they would do it....I'd use them again....My truck is an 89 used mostly as a DD and to drag my Bass boat all over creation...