Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1989 GMC Jimmy*1 Ton*

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by highrlr, Nov 23, 2005.

1. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I hate to sell this thing since I have so much time and money into it(way more than im asking for it!), but I am leaving for school in Dec. and it would be nice to have the money to take care of some bills and what not while I am at school. I bought the truck last October from an older lady, It appears that they were only the second owner of the truck but I have never checked to verify that for sure. It also appears that the truck was repainted at some point and time. It has very minimal rust, nothing major at all. Has some small bubbles on the driver door, floor boards and rear floor are solid, just some minor rust, there is also some rust forming on the backside of the rear floorboard, but it is pretty minor yet. Odomoter shows 127k miles and I beleive that its correct since the interior and everything is in very nice condition! It has the fuel injected 350 with 700r4 tranny and it runs very good and smooth, smokes some on startup, probably valve seals. Here is whats done to it.

-4" HD Rough Country springs, new, maybe 200 miles on them
    -4" ORD rear shackle flip with stock springs
    -1" 0rate ORD add a leaf in the rear, axle set back to the 1.5" position
    -Greasable bushings all around, front and rear
    -HD ORD front shackles
    -ORD sway bar quick disconects
    -1" ORD body lift with polyurethane bushings
    -Dana 60 front axle, has not been rebuilt, bought it out of a running and driving truck, has 4.10 gears, and dodge steering arm, will need new steering arm since it sits too high the draglink is at a posotive angle (/)
    -14bff rear, new 3/4 ton rotors, disc brake brackets and HD diff cover(1/4" steel!) with countersunck bolts from great lake offroad, just put new bearings and seals in the hubs as well as all new lugs, has 3.50 gears
    -Have strap style 1410 yokes for both axles from northwest fabworks
    -NP 241 Tcase, freshly rebuilt with all new bearings and seals, installed JB Conversions slip yoke eliminator at the same time(I do not have a yoke for the rear output on the tcase because I was going to get a drive flange from high angle driveline at when I had him build the drivelines
    -Have a polyurethane tcase mount as well, not installed
    -Installed MSD 8.5mm super conducter wires as well as MSD cap and rotor with new spark plugs, new fuel filter, new GM fuel pump, none of this stuff has more than a couple thousand miles on it
    -Installed new flex a lite dual 13.5" electric cooling fans about a year ago
    -Brand new 38x13R16 super swamper TSL's on brand new 16x10 pro comp extreme black steelies, 0miles on tires and wheels
    -Also have brand new lugs for the D60 front axle, and brand new chrome lug nuts(bling!)
    -Double coated the entire frame with por15, as well as the rear axle, and the straps for the gas tank.

It still needs some sort of calipers for the rear brakes(Caddy or 3/4 ton GM fronts), hard lines bent up (forgot to mention above that it also has new braided stainless steel brake lines front and rear, also have the hard lines for the rearend that just need to be bent, as well as braided stainless flex lines for the rear calipers.
    It will also need to be regeard, you could either just regear the rear to match the 4.10's that are in the D60 or do new front and rears of your choice. Will also need custom front and rear driveshafts,I would recomend Jesse at High Angle Driveline
    With those few things it would be ready to be a great daily driver/weekend wheeler, or hardcore wheeler only, whatever you prefer to do with it. I was gonna use it as my daily driver, it is a very nice and reliable K5

The truck is in Bismarck, ND. I am asking $8000 for it as is, and I will not part it or sell anything off it seperatley. There is probably more that I am forgetting but I will post it later if i remember something.

PA180172.JPG

P4250083.JPG

PB130245.JPG

PB130246.JPG

PB130247.JPG

2. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

More pics. I also forgot it has some piaa off road lights mounted in the grille.

PB130248.JPG

PB130249.JPG

3. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

One more thing. I also removed all the body moldings, it appears that they did not remove these when they repainted the truck so you can see some lines where the moldings were but its not too bad. And on the driver side right behind the door and behind the rear wheel the paint came off with the molding :mad: , I just primed these areas and then painted them flat black with a bomb can, this would be bad if you were inteding to use it as a show rig(which i was not), but it is not real noticable and should work jsut fine.
    I also have not cut the fenders yet. If you want to run these 38's you will probably have to cut at least the fronts if you plan on doing any off roading, may work ok for street driving but im thinking they would still hit with no trimming.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

$8000?! :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

5. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

nice looking rig, GOOD LUCK selling it!

6. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Is this way too much? I was just going by how much I have into the truck, trying to recover some money you know. Plus I dont have to sell it, just thought I would try so I had some money to go to school with.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

actually, i think it is a bit high. 99% of the time, you never get what you have into a truck back out of it. while you've got a pretty well built rig, there have been several better built rigs that have gone for less than half of what you've got yours listed at. the body looks to be reasonably straight and solid, but the removed trim really hurts it. also, not being complete (you mentioned brake issues, and mismatched gears) hurts it as well. if the body is really as straight and rust free as it looks in the pics, i would say its a $4000 truck, at most with the brake issues ,missing body trim/messed up paint, and the mismatched gears. not saying it doesnt have a lot of potential, but for a price like that, someone could build something to their specs VERY easily.

8. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

if ur looking to get that much, post in local paper and autotrader. a buddy sold his 91 k5 for $6500, still on 10b's with 35s and the body didnt look as clean as urs.

good luck. sweet k5

9. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

That is kinda what I was going by, stock blazers like this in my area are going for like $5k and seem to be selling? The body on this truck is extremely clean, has a few dings but nice and straight and no major rust at all, floors are solid and all. I am definately going to keep it if I cannot get atleast close to what was posted above, like I said I thought it would be nice to have some money to take with me to school rather than my blazer sitting at home not getting driven, but there is no way I will sell this thing in the $4k range. Thanks anyway's guys, guess ill try the local adds.