Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1989 GMC Suburban in So Cal

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by funkycold, Jan 11, 2007.

1. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

I am now selling my Suburban as I am moving soon and will have no where to store it. It has not been driven in the last year and a half. I have done the following to it just prior to parking it in the driveway.

12 in lift, front 12" springs, rear 4" shackle flip+4" rear spring+2" block+1" zero rate
    all 4 shocks
    all 4 bumpstops
    New stainless steel extended brake lines
    14FF 4.56 w/ detroit locker, with disc brake conversion, e-brake is not hooked up.
    converted front 10b to 8 lug with new parts, 4.56 w/open diff
    New TCI Truckmast 700R4 transmission ($2000)
    New flex plate
    New transmission mount
    New stainless steel transmission oil cooler lines with aux filter
    New transmission oil cooler
    New crossover steering and tie rod with new ends
    Rebuilt 2wd steering gear box with drop pitman arm

The engine is mostly stock and runs strong, from the time I put it away. It only has a TBI spacer in it.

It currently has 39.5" tires on it, but they are all out of round and seperated. That is why I never drove the truck after doing all this work to it. There is no battery in it right now, but I will buy one when I have a serious buyer for the truck. It will need to be towed away due to the tires situation. The front end also needs to be aligned since it was never driven after I installed the cross over steering.

I was going to put a set of 10" springs in the front and remove the 2" block in the rear with 38's. but never got around to it.

The interior is clean. There is no major damage to the interior seats. Only minor wear on the left side of the driver seat from hopping in the truck. The back seat is clean. There is no 3rd seat in it. There are customer floor mats that were made for it. There is no radio in it right now, but I can give you the factory radio to put back in it. A CB radio and antenna comes with it. There are billet control levers and a billet steering wheel. There is an aftermarket moonroof that was installed prior to me buying it.

There is some minor surface rust on the roof from sitting for a period of time. there is also the usual rust sports in the base of the rear windows and the bottom of the rear barn doors.

There are some more pictures in the webshots link below. There may be something I missed so, if you would like to see something more or more specific, please let me know.

Asking $4300.00 Please contact me if you are interested.

Here are some pictures.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

wow that is one nice burb. If I had the dough and a place to hide it from my wife I would be down there tonight:D

3. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

is the tranny in it? Does it smog? How current are these pics?

4. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

Yes the transmission is in it. The tranny also has a 4th gear servo in it as well. It will pass smog, I just have not had it smogged, due to the tire situation and not being able to drive it. The tags are paid I just havent smogged it, so the reg is not current. The interior pictures were taken 2 days ago. The top and bottom pics were taken last year, but it looks the same right now. I have more pics if you need them or want something specific.
    Thanks.

5. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

besides the tires..... would it make a drive to San Diego?

6. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

After i put the lift and the tires on it. I test drove it around the block. The tires are pretty bad and the front end needs to be aligned properly before it is driven. there is a bad death wobble on it right now.

I would prefer that someone tow this truck home to correct this first.

7. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

ok... i am interested.... will have to figure out a way to move it first i guess.

8. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

Sent you a PM