Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1989 K5 for $5,000

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by crahm, Jun 27, 2001.

1. crahm

crahm Registered Member

Guys, I just looked at a 89. 60,000 miles on a crate 350 (f.i.). New warren hubs, new BFG 33x12.5. a/c, rebuilt tranny, ujoints, and diffs. He said the diffs don't have limited slip. Needs headliner. How much would I expect to pay to have lockers put in the diffs? His asking price is $5,000. Body is excellent, few dings and scratches, no rust.

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Does he have reciepts on the tranny and motor? If he does, and the overall truck is in good shape I'd say go for it.

Are 10 bolts sitting under it? If they are 10 bolts, I wouldn't lock them up. I haven't priced lockers. A spool will lock them up permanently and don't cost too much ($100 or so) and you could install a mini spool by yourself. If it's a daily driver, I wouldn't lock the front up like that. I don't know if my rambelings helped at all [​IMG].
    Buy it!

<font color=blue>I've got a mind like a . . . a . . . what's that thing called?</font color=blue>

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

What about the axle specs and gears? Got any other things going for it? To me, I wouldn't pay $5,000 for it... but then again you might have left out important stuff like is it lifted or what...?

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

If it's any help, I paid $5000 for my 89 SLE JImmy .....44K miles... hard loaded..one owner...never smoked in.....that was a little over 3yrs ago.....Texas truck=no rust....JD

Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

5. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

If that is American cash you are using I'd offer him $3,500.00. I'm here in Canada and just purchassed a 1990 K5 Silverado for $4,500.00 Canadian. It is in exceptional shape, fully loaded and everything works. Original paint and drive train and even a 3" lift and 33" Mickey Thompson MTX tires on minty factory alloys. The interior is mint and super clean ( til' my Springer gets loose in the cab). I could drive it as is, as if. But that is another project. I guess all I,m saying is 5 grand seems a bit steep. Hope it works out and enjoy.
    Shawnboy.