Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1989 - Leaking Sliding 1/4 Windows

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Glenn89, Apr 18, 2000.

1. Glenn89

Glenn89 Newbie

Hello -

This is probably an age old question but I finally have a Blazer (1989) with sliding side windows. I've always liked the way those looked. Unfortunately, I learned that they leak the other day during a rain storm. The rubber gaskets appear good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

e-mail: lettang@attglobal.net

Thank you,

Glenn

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

There are some gutters on the bottom rail. I used a pipe-cleaner and cleaned the holes out. It stopped leaking.
    The water found a easyer route down, and did not seep through under the sliding-glass.

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Espen88k5</font color=blue>

3. smack

smack 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem also with good-looking gaskets. I took mine to a glass shop and they cleaned out the surface where the outside of the perimeter gasket met the shell and put some sealant in. Also, on the bottom channel they put in some sealant behind the slide. All this was done with out removing the window. No leaks. I think they charged me $20 bucks.
    Good luck.