Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1989 Sub 4" lift 35" tires, 14bff/d44 in Illinois

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by rotten03, Apr 27, 2006.

1. rotten03

rotten03 Registered Member

It's an '89 Suburban 1500, 350 TBI, 4x4, auto, air, pw/pl, gray cloth interior, 150,000 miles. It's got a 4" lift, 35" BFG MT's. I took out the 1/2 ton axles and replaced them with a 14 bolt full floater rear (4.10's), a D44 front, installed new Warn locking hubs, I switched the rear leafs to 3/4t to raise the rear, and installed a shackle flip so I didn't have to use lift blocks, the front also has swaybar disconnects. The front driveshaft didn't reach anymore so I had the local 4x4 shop make me a longer one. The front tires rubbed some so I took a sawzall to the fenders and trimmed them up some. I put headers on the motor, dual exhaust with flowmasters, no cats, and checked the compression, the motor is in great shape. I also have a set of zero rates for the front laying around for whoever buys it. I started the build then got sent overseas in the Army and when I came back I put serious hours into it and got it where I wanted it and then 3rd gear went out and it had to park. With my shuffling around in the Army and the transmission having problems i've only put a few hundred miles on the truck since i've owned it. So the tires are pretty much new. There is some rust on the rocker panels but that's just character. :) I've moved out of my 4x4 phase plus now I don't have any use for one, I moved. I've put a lot of hard work into this beast and more time and money than I care to think about. It breaks my heart but I know i'll never use it like it should be.

Make me a cash offer or i'll trade for a running hot rod or old car of any sort.

Here's an older picture of it. The wheels are black steel now. This picture was before I swapped to 14bff/d44. I can go over to my folks place and get new pics if anyone wants to see them. Thanks guys. I hope someone can fix up the tranny and use the hell out of her.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  2. rotten03

Nobody? Breaks my heart man. The hours of work and busted knuckles.

3. rotten03

New pics added

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

looks nice. ttt

5. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

pm sent