Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1990 1 Ton K5 - Cleanest you will find!

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by DPI, Dec 14, 2004.

1. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I have been working on this beast for 4 years. After getting it built the way it needed to be, I decided it was really too nice to wheel so I am selling it to build a beater '89K5 with Rockwells. The '89 will actually be able to wheel with no worries about body damage...

The project started as a very clean and stock 1990 K5. And you can tell by the list of mods listed below- NO EXPENSE was spared in the build up. This is a VERY dependable vehicle and it can wheel a little as well. This thing is in perfect mechanical condition. And the body is in very good condition as well. There are no oil or fluid leaks and it has been garaged most of its life. I have over $30K invested in this. My asking price is $15K.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engine: 5.7 Liter TBI with factory 28,000 GVW B&M engine oil cooler, 4 core “heat buster” radiator, CAT aluminum water pump, Hellroaring dual battery conversion – K&N filter, Single 3” Pipe with Hi-Flow Cat and 40 series FlowMaster muffler. 250 amp Power Master alternator.

Transmission: 700 R4 with 28,000 GVW B&M tranny cooler that is hard plumbed in with 5/16” metal brake line, no rubber hoses to blow out...B&M transmission fluid temperature gauge with one sending unit in the return line and one in the tranny pressure port.

Suspension – Front: 5.5” BDS springs, ORD extended HD shackles, and the taller Dana 60 spring perches make up about 7” of lift. Modified Ford upper shock towers for use with Rancho 9012s shocks for extended wheel travel. ORD greasable polyurethane bushings. 26” stainless steel braided brake lines, extended polyurethane bump stops.

Suspension – Rear: Approximately 9” lift consisting of ORD 4” rear shackle flip, custom axle relocation block used to move axle rearward 1.5” and provide 1” of lift, and 4” BDS springs. Custom DP-Built upper and lower shock mounts for use with Rancho 9012s shocks. Extended stainless steel braided brake line.

Steering: ORD crossover steering setup with RockStomper Rock Rod (1.5” external diameter tie-rod with a 5/16” wall thickness) and RockStomper 4” drop drag link. ORD bolt-in steering brace. WTO (WEST TEXAS OFFROAD) hydraulic assist rock ram with power steering cooler. Custom ram mounting hardware from Missouri OffRoad Outfitters.

Front Axle: Dana 60 with 4.56s and a tight Power-Loc differential. Spring perches and top plates re-drilled to relocate axle forward 1”. Avalanche Engineering Rock Ring.

Rear Axle: Corporate 14 bolt with 4.56s, Detroit Locker, TSM disk brakes with performance pads, Avalanche Engineering Rock Ring, and custom emergency brakes.

Transfer Case: 241C with SYE and custom High Angle Driveline CV flanges.

Drive Shafts: Front and Rear- High Angle Driveline 1350 CVs with 1350 u-joints on the opposite ends.

Front Bumper: Custom dpi-Built tube bumper with custom recovery points and a 2” receiver for the quick mount winch.

Rear Bumper: Custom dpi -Built tube bumper with an integrated 2” receiver for the quick mount winch and custom recovery shackles.

Rock Sliders/Nerfs: dpi -Built

Wheels: Mickey Thompson Classic II’s 16x10

Tires: 38x13x16 Super Swamper TSLs.

2. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Someone must want an out of the box capable crawler for less than you can build one for?

There were no bling items put into this. All mods were done to improve its capabilities.

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Offers? Trades?

4. corradofreek

corradofreek 1/2 ton status

if onnly i had the money

bump

5. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

for my 73 k5....

6. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

OK, I'll trade for that if you throw in $15K. lol jk...

7. WakeBoard&4X4er

hahahaha!

good luck!

8. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

A lot of people don't realize how expensive it is to build one of these, until they get it built and then look at there receipts...

;)

9. WakeBoard&4X4er

And this rig looks better in person then in these pics.

10. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Thanks man.

The cost of building this I listed at the top did not include any labor costs. This was the cost of all the parts. I built this myself so I know it was done right.

11. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Definately one of the nicest one tons out there. To anyone other than an experienced eye, you would think this truck rolled out of the factory like this. Very subtle until you really start looking at it. I am very sorry to hear you are selling this, Daniel. I always look forward to seeing this truck when I'm in the Tulsa area. Honestly, for the price you are asking, it's a steal. Good luck in finding a buyer.

John

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Maybe try putting it on ebay?
    TTT for you though!

13. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the bump.

Your not the only one to suggest ebay. I am considering it. Also considering stealing some parts off of it for the '89 2.5 Ton project. ;)

14. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Then you part out what you don't need to me:waytogo: Oh yeah, TTT

John

15. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Anything in particular you are interested in?

16. bryanrash

bryanrash Registered Member

Pictures

Do you have some more pictures posted anywhere? My dad and I are looking for a new ride but really don't have the time or patience to build it ground up.

17. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Click on the dpi below. There are a few pics of it on there. Let me know if you want pics of anything else and I will get them for you.

18. xanthias

xanthias 1/2 ton status

Pristine truck. For the love of God, be patient (folks are usually short on disposable cash around Xmas) and don't part that beauty out!!! You built it, and they will come ....

TTT for ya.:xmas:

19. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

I totally agree. Don't start parting it just yet. It would be a shame to see this vehicle parted. I also have enjoyed looking at pictures of it over the past couple years and think it's a great looking K5. Good luck with the sale!

20. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I would hate to tear this apart.

Thanks for the compliments.