Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1990 350 sb tbi

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wraenking, Mar 5, 2005.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

ok, we finished my buddies engine swap today. he drove her home, but she is sputtering a bit. firing order is good, and timing is good.

what are some things we could check?

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Injector bad mabey? I might check to see if they are both pumping fuel good mabey :) ,good luck, jacob

3. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

was the motor mild or stock? sometimes with a modified tbi motor you have to let the computer learn a new spark curve and fuel map.... after 48 hours it should run better if that is the case but if the mods are too much for the computer you will have to get a chip obviously...

good luck.

4. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

motor was a stock crate 350. i guess we better try to get a computer on her and see what it says

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

was it a TBI motor? Or was it just a basic GM crate motor. If it was a basic crate motor for a carb application the cam does not work well with TBI

6. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Most crate motors don't come with the stock cam, tbi or carb... if it is still acting up after he has driven it for a week or so then let the troubleshooting begin. When i first started mine up after the swap it ran like crap for a week or so but i never got it out of my driveway. there were some little things like vacuum lines that were apart of it but it has a cam, manifold, flat tops, camels, headers, holley tbi, higher fuel pressure, and a couple other bells and whistles that threw the computer off... it runs and idles pretty good now but i still need to burn a chip for it.